1.    #1  
    Just curious to see who is using this app and enjoy it. Lightwav has a lot of nice features but do they work as described?
    not for me
    they lag your treo like hell
    and when ppl call me...

*poof*

reset ...
    dont buy ... try demo first
    ull notice a VERY SIGNIFICANT lag during siwthing menus
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I notice the lag too esp. in games and emulators like the GameGear emulator (Gizmo), thats the only reason I didn't buy it though, without the lag it seemed like a good product, but who needs an app that slows the unit down.....

Ohh one other thing that bothered me, the phone would receive a call and not start ringing for 2-3 seconds when the Mp3 was on the SD card, and yet Callfilter (which also has MP3 assignable by contact) seems to play the exact same MP3 off the SD almost instantly (maybe 1 second after the screen shows they are calling)...
    I use it. Works fine for me. I notice no lag.
    No lag for me either but I have experienced the 2-3 second delay with the phone ringing.
    The only lag/slow down is from PocketTunes, not LightWav. You can't use LightWav without PocketTunes. LightWav is a stable and awesome app.

Laurie - love the new avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    The only lag/slow down is from PocketTunes, not LightWav. You can't use LightWav without PocketTunes. LightWav is a stable and awesome app.

Laurie - love the new avatar!
    Thanks, I've had my eye on it for awhile.
    Laurie- thumbs up #2 for the avatar, although I will miss the hot punk photo it replaces. Grrrrr, girl.

I just installed Lightwav 2.2, the link for which came by e-mail today. Supposedly it corrects some 2.1 errors, so perhaps the gripes listed above will be no more. I've had not an iota of trouble with Lightwav, and the novelty of having "Badlands" blast out of my treo while I'm in the O.R. and a call comes in has yet to wear off!
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    But Pocket Tunes by itself doesn't cause the lag if I disable Lightwav the lag stops immediately???

Re: 2.2 let me know if the lag and 2-3 second call delay has been fixed!

I like Callfilter as the lag is less (it uses pocketTunes also to play MP3s) and 2-3 second delay is not there, but it is missing one mp3 function i liked in lightwav (can't play mp3 on SMS, and it's overpriced).... If Lightwav fixes these issues I will buy it immediately...
    Last edited by joele; 05/26/2004 at 08:51 PM.
    I thought I remember this lag going mostly away after disabling the equalizer in Ptunes, no?
    yep.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I thought only the deluxe version has the equalizer, and I do not have that version!

My workaround was to just turn it off (lightwav) when I played Gizmo and other CPU draining programs, but because of the silly feature that requires you to set your ringtone to silent in order to get lightwav to work (callfilter doesn't require this) I would sometimes forget to turn it back on and had no ringtone at all (not even midi)...

The 2-3 second delay between when the call and when the actual ringing started was even more annoying!