Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, I did love my Vaja case prior to this recent incident. I accidentally hit the corner of a table, not very hard really- the corner caught the Treo screen and cracked it!

Here are the pics. Treo still functions but I can't see half the screen.

I had insurance and Sprint LockLine insurance will be mailing me another Treo (refurb most likely.) Costs $35 and "should receive it within 3 days."

I'm going back to my Siedeo holster where the screen faces inwards and is protected. Vaja is still great case, IMO, but you have to be cautious with screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    wow you did a number on that thing!
  3. dhl
    ouch! That's exactly why I like the extra protection of the plastic cover on the old style Krusell classic case.
    Wow.

It's this exact type of thing which has prevented me from getting an iVolution case.
    ouch that hurt just looking at the pictures.

be brave.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    i dropped my phone with my ivolution onto concrete last week, from about 2 or 3 feet up, the case took the brunt...

wow this is odd..and thats some heavy arse damage man
    Did the same thing to HP Jornada 548 twice (after getting replacement).

If this happened to my Treo 600...... I would scream!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pnmd
    ...I had insurance and Sprint LockLine insurance will be mailing me another Treo (refurb most likely.) Costs $35 and "should receive it within 3 days." ...
    Damn! You're taking this pretty good. Does this Lockline insurance give you that much "assurance"? That if you break it, "NO SWEAT"?

Wow, maybe I should add this to my account TODAY!
    Well, that's what insurance is for
    Only $4 per month!
    Dude! That was SPECTACULAR!
    It was like watching a great car wreck! Way to go!!!!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
  11.    #11  
    Yes, I definitely recommend Sprint's Lockline! It's only $4 month. Beats paying $400-$500 for new Treo.

Regarding the damage- I really only brushed up against the corner of a table with the Treo 600 in the iVolution case. Which means the screen faces out. I looked down and really did NOT expect to see the damage but enough pressure combined with the corner of table will destroy your Treo screen!

Get phone insurance, now! because takes a month to go into effect. Worth it IMO. Should be getting replacement today or tomorrow. No police report or anything required. Just $35 for handling/shipping and replacement. However, you only get 2 replacements per year. Not sure what happens after that.
    Last edited by pnmd; 05/27/2004 at 08:32 AM.
    Getting insured right NOW..........

As much as I brag about this phone to everyone, it would hurt even more to have something happen to it while it isn't insured!

Speaking of which: my wife has the i500. Does the insurance cover both phones if on the same account, or do I have to dish out $4 + $4 = $8 every month to be covered for both phones?

Well, I'll just get insured anyway. Together they cost far too much to be worried about $4!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have one thing to day, SYNC.
    i got the insurance few days after i got my treo. i would not want to lost or break it without insurance plan to cover this expensive toy. even thought i got it with promotion rate from P1. it is still expensive on the street if i would have to buy one unlocked, unbranded, no activation attached.

insurance is the way to go. for few bucks a month (4*12 = 48 bucks a year), it is good to get it. especially they let u claim 2 units per year. would they deny any ppl to buy the coverage, if they find out that person has claimed few units before (prior yrs)?

btw, i am with TMO
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland216
    Does the insurance cover both phones if on the same account, or do I have to dish out $4 + $4 = $8 every month to be covered for both phones?
    Yes...$4.00 for each phone.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  16.    #16  
    Well, I got my new replacement Treo 600 today and the box says it's a refurb but it feels and looks brand NEW. It is definitely an improvement over my cracked screen- 6 month old Treo. BTW- my old Treo 600 had tendency to reset itself when I laid phone down on table. No probs with this new T600!

Like I said I'm putting the Vaja iVolution to rest for a while.
    I went on Ebay and ordered 3 cases from same seller which I hope will protect the screen better.

Does anyone have these cases? This Innopocket metal case looks like it'll be VERY protective, but I'm not sure how user friendly it is for heavy phone usage.

Spent $88 with free shipping for all 3 cases. Will update on quality when I receive them.

Ebay links where I purchased them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5701463276

http://search.stores.ebay.com/search...&submit=Search

All 3 of these cases TOGETHER were cheaper than my 1 iVolution!

BTW- to me the CLIP is just as important as the form factor of the case. A good clip which comes on/off easily and is comfortable is huge factor, IMO.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pnmd; 05/28/2004 at 12:15 AM.
    tahts painful... glad to hear you got a clean working refurb
    why not keep your phone in you pocket and keep the screen facing towards your leg ?

anyway, good luck with the "new" treo
    water created humans to carry it up hills
    The refurbished replacement ----What quality is the screen. My refurb one has even lower quality screen, i.e blue tint,pixelated, miscolerd so on so forth......
    Quote Originally Posted by PitbuLL
    why not keep your phone in you pocket and keep the screen facing towards your leg ?...
    And I thought I was the only one who did this (with all of the "case" talk around here).

The only reason I bought a case was for running purposes...........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast