Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    hola !

    ...now that we're coming around with firmware update and voice recording...

    ...i would GREATLY appreciate a small app to RECORD CONVERSATIONS in mp3 format or other to the SD card...

    anyone else feels the same ?

    PS - i don't think recording conversation is illegal; might be illegal to use in court, or make them public...
    ...i believe it's like filming or taking shots of people and places; you can shoot anything you like as long as you keep it private...
    Last edited by koros; 05/26/2004 at 08:55 PM.
  2. #2  
    I would love to have an application like this! I recommended it to sprint in february on one of their surveys re: what would we like to see next. so, yes, you've got my support for this one!
  3. kevp913's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #3  
    i would love to see this too. Not that i really NEED this feature or anything... but would just be cool to have. I suggest posting a message about it in the treo utilities forum so software developers can see it....
  4. #4  
    SoundRec already saves wav files to the card, and MP3 is in Ryan's "future features" list. You'd probably have to have the call on speakerphone though for it to record both sides.
  5. #5  
    If I remember correcly the law says that you may record conversations as long as at least 1 party is aware of the recording. And since it's your phone I hope you are aware of it. You can currently do it with the free audio recording app it's a not verry loud but works just start app after you dialed and stop recording before hang up and it works tried it a few times.
    Treo 600-Sprint v1.20
    drigout.textamerica.com
  6. kevp913's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #6  
    yah my ideal app would be able to record and archive convos automatically by contact and date/time in mp3 on the SD card.
  7. skidoo's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    #7  
    The laws regarding surreptitious recording vary from state-to-state. It would be awesome to have an app that would do it when launched, or by contact, as has already been suggested.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xukanik
    If I remember correcly the law says that you may record conversations as long as at least 1 party is aware of the recording. And since it's your phone I hope you are aware of it. You can currently do it with the free audio recording app it's a not verry loud but works just start app after you dialed and stop recording before hang up and it works tried it a few times.
    hi !

    ..where is this FREE AUDIO RECORDING app you mention ?

    THX
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by koros
    hi !

    ..where is this FREE AUDIO RECORDING app you mention ?

    THX

    Don't you guys read the front page?

    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/325-1.htm

    Also, I personally like Audacity. Works great for recording calls via speaker phone and the Seidio headset...however I haven't tried the latter since I don't own one yet...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10.    #10  
    ...actually, i don't...



    ...must be why i missed it; thanks for letting us know, will try it out and see how good it performs...

  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Don't you guys read the front page?

    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/325-1.htm
    Not to mention I posted a link to it in the 4th post of this thread

Posting Permissions