Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I keep my Treo in its cradle next on my nightstand (I also use it as a pager. This way, it is easy to see, grab and is always charged during the day).

The other night, I was awakened by the bright light of my Treo's screen. I thought maybe I hit it or something while unconscious. Unfortunately, this happened again the next 2 nights, each time around 4 a.m..

What's causing this? When it turns on, it is simply in phone mode. There is no SMS, datebk alarm or anything else to indicate why it woke-up. The only automated program I have is BackupBuddy, but this is scheduled at 7pm. The phone does not go through a soft reset (I know, since some of my apps require a re-launch to function again). Any thoughts?
    Try checking for any pending SMS...they sometimes cause the treo screen to wake up...at least in the 270, maybe the same issue remains unresolved in the 600??
    i think its a ghost someone's trying to tell u something
    I have the same problem. Treo 600 turns on at 3:30am every morning. I tried turning the radio off and it still happens. I have no hacks loaded.....

Since I did land line number protability to my cell phone I need to charge it in my bedroom. When it turns on, even with the brightness all the way down, it wakes me. I have resorted to using a 3x5 card and rubberband to cover the screen at night. My concern is that the screen stays on until I get up at 5:30. Two extra hours per day of screen use will shorten the backlight and the LCD screen.

Any good ideas out there? I check the link to the other post about this and it seems to be full of smarta*s remarks, not help.

Help please!

Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for pointing out another thread. I didn't realize this has been discussed before. However, there has never been an answer for this. Looking at that other thread, I see that this is a new issue. Have any of you recently upgraded your firmware?

Last night, it happened again. This is ridiculous! It only started doing this several days ago and I have not made any changes to my device. I have been running Sprint's new firmware for a week prior to this.

Is there a way to keep the screen off while in the cradle? I remember seeing some type of option for that somewhere, but can't find it right now.

Unfortunately, I must keep the radio on (though turning it off doesn't seem to solve that problem anyway) since it is my emergency pager.

For those of you with this problem, could you please provide a list of apps/hacks you are using?

I have the following:
    BackupBuddy
    Profiles
    VolKeys
    Graffiti Anywhere
    TreoSelectText
    DateBk5
    Textras
    QSet
    I have Sprint service with OS 5.2.1. However, I started having this problem 1 week before I updated to 5.2.1. I had not updated or changed any software in that timeframe.
    I use:
    Agendus
    Launcher X
    Sandman
    I just did a quick test.
    Test 1
    1) Turned of the "Enable Local Network Time" under Prefs & turned radio off
    2) changed time to 3:28am
    3) turned off and set in cradle
    4) It turned itself on two minutes later.

Test 2
    1) Turned off the "Enable Local Network Time" under prefs & turned radio off
    2) changed time to 3:28am
    3) turned power off and layed on desk.
    4) It turned itself on two minutes later.

My deduction.... it is not Sprint "pushing" an overnight system update. It is not related to Sprint's network clock but rather Treo 600's internal clock.
    Last edited by ekim; 05/28/2004 at 12:15 PM.
  9.    #9  
    I am tempted to do a hard reset and trying the above. This way, I can report it to palmOne/Sprint and save a step when they blame it on an app.

There has to be an explanation as to why this is happening.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    ekim, a better test might be to turn off the wireless-mode entirely at 2:28am and see if the Treo screen turns on at 2:30. This would tell you for certain if it's anything phone/network related or not.
    Minsc-
    I meant to say 3:28am. Sorry... My problem is - Treo 600 turns on at 3:30 am.
    Last night I turned off the radio and left it out of the charger. The screen was not on in the morning but I don't know if it turned on then off because it wasn't in the charger.

Tonight I will try radio off, in the charger, with network time set to on.
    I tried having radio turned off last night. It still turned on @ 3:30am and didn't turn off becasue in was on the charger.

I'm REALLY NOT HAPPY.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    My treo has started turning on in the middle of the night also...started about a week ago (thats the last time I noticed anyways). I don't have any hacks or any other "special" programs installed. I have resorted to putting my treo on my night stand with the screen down just so the light won't wake me up at night. I will keep you all posted if I figure anything out.

14.    #14  
    Same here. I confirmed that the unit turns on at exactly 3:30 am. I am willing to bet that this is happening more often than we know, since most are sleeping at that time. I sent an e-mail to p1, but expect a lame-*** boilerplate response.

Should we post a poll and have everyone test it by setting their clock to 3:29? Actually that's a good idea. I'll do that.
    i dont get it ...
    why it doesnt happend to my treo ?
    mine's GSM one running 3.04
    Maybe this is a Sprint v5.2.1 issue? I have confirmed that my Treo 600 turns on every night at 3:30.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Well last night I didn't put my (Sprint) Treo on the charger and the screen was off when I woke up this morning. So we all have concluded that the screen stays on only when it is on the charger. I have Cradle on installed but it is not turned on, so the question still remains, why does the screen turn on, and remain on when charging?

As mentioned in a post above, is everyone having this problem using Sprint?
    For the past few days, I have been having this odd "3:30" problem as well.. I just got a new treo (i had an old Handspring-branded treo that i had to replace because of the dreaded "network search" problem.

Well, I have been fast asleep for the past few nights, and i will wake up at 3:30 when i Mail alarm sounds. Whats really weird about this is that I have my phone to check my pop3 mail every 15 minutes, but only from 10am to 10pm... So it should not be checking my mail at 3:30AM...

Any idea if this is all part of the same problem? Any solutions?
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars
    For the past few days, I have been having this odd "3:30" problem as well.. I just got a new treo (i had an old Handspring-branded treo that i had to replace because of the dreaded "network search" problem.

Well, I have been fast asleep for the past few nights, and i will wake up at 3:30 when i Mail alarm sounds. Whats really weird about this is that I have my phone to check my pop3 mail every 15 minutes, but only from 10am to 10pm... So it should not be checking my mail at 3:30AM...

Any idea if this is all part of the same problem? Any solutions?

Do you use Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loondog
    Do you use Sprint?
    Yes... I do use Sprint
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast