Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Is there anyone having this problem on a GSM phone?

For those of us using Sprint (and has this problem), is there anyone currently using the old firmware?

I have attempted to contact palmOne twice now with no response.
    No such problem on my phone. I am on TMo.
    I'm having a problem similar to the one described here. In my case it's not the 3:30 a.m. wakeup, though, but rather caused by an incoming SMS. I've scoured the manual and the Web, but I can't find a way to have incoming SMS *not* turn on the screen automatically. (Even if it did, why doesn't the Treo turn off after two minutes, as I have set in my general preferences?)

I've had the thing only two days, and both times the battery has run itself down after several hours with the screen on full brightness in my belt case.

Surely there's a solution? Maybe a third-party app? Currently I have nothing installed but the onboard apps, DocumentsToGo 6.008, and MegaClock 1.92 -- though again, it's not a MegaClock alarm that's causing the problem, but rather an incoming SMS.

Thanks for any help.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I read about this happening, but first noticed it this morning at 3:30 AM. I have BackupMan doing a daily backup at 3 AM every day, so the screen lights up for that and then goes back to sleep when its done.

I keep the Treo in a charger/sync cradle over night. I wonder if I can save on light pollution by setting my daily backup for 3:30 AM instead. Given that something occurs with the Treo (Sprint) at that time, I don't know if it would conflict with the automatic backup.

Rob
    Place witty signature here:
    Treo 600 screen went on at exactly 3:30 a.m. this morning. No pending SMS alerts. No email. No incoming call or voicemail. Treo was not in the charger.
    This is a Sprint only (I think) issue. The answer (paraphrased below) is in some other thread that I don't care to look up and reference right now.

Anyway, the sprint firmware application (Date & Time--in ROM and visible using Zlauncher or similar file manager) generates a "silent" alarm for everyday at 3:30am. You can see this using the utility app called Alarm list (attached) which shows you all pending OS alarms and what apps have set the alarm.

The proposed theory is that this alarm is for the phone to update it's local clock with Sprint's network time. This alarm happens regardless of whether the radio is on or off. I'm not sure if it happens if you have the "Enable Local Network Time" button under preference unchecked (off). Someone could test this and let us know (for those of us who care and are bothered by this.)

If you are bothered by the light, then there might not be much you can do besides keep the Screen covered. I keep it in the Handspring cover that came with the phone and don't even notice this. (I also have Botzam Backup scheduled for 3:00am which also requires the screen to come on)
    If you are bothered by the battery drain, doesn't the auto off feature take care of this? The phone won't stay on all night will it? Mine doesn't.

Did I miss anything? I can find the other thread if anyone wants to see the first answer to this question.

John
    Attached Files Attached Files
    OK, I couldn't resist looking up the other threads on this for you guys... the best one IMO seems to be....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&page=1&pp=20

It is 5 pages long, but for those of you using "Stay on in Cradle" type applications whose phones don't turn off after the 3:30 am Date and Time wakeup, this thread seems to be the place to look for a solution. I don't use this functionality, so I didn't read it thoroughly enough to give you an answer here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12