1.    #1  
    I am more than alright with Snappermail having missed their "target" of the beginning of May. Things happen, schedules slip. Big deal. It's just a mail package, not the cure for cancer.

However, and as there are a lot of people now waiting in anticipation of the release, and there are even some people that purchased, hoping to be within the upgrade window, Snapper should at least provide a brief status update letting us know what is going on. Is it imminent? Is it going to be next month? What's going on. You have a very loyal installed base out here, and they are rapidly loosing patience. If you read some of the threads, you will see some pretty scathing criticisms, where you used to see almost fanatical support.

Throw us a bone.
    From what I've seen, they're going to release a beta to preferred customers and enterprise users this month, then open it up as a public beta the beginning of june.
    beta.....

i thought they would have the real stuff by May.

Oh well... I think VersaMail is good for IMAP. Also the mail client within Agendus Pro 8 is excellent too.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    beta.....

i thought they would have the real stuff by May.

Oh well... I think VersaMail is good for IMAP. Also the mail client within Agendus Pro 8 is excellent too.
    would you say the email client within agendus 8 is good enough to forget waiting for snapper 2.0? I need to download that and try it...i tried aileron and basejet and they both seemed very unreliable as far as IMAP syncing went. they both would hang before the syncing was complete a lot of the time. basejet's interface was nicer than aileron's though. chatter seems to be the best at imap so far, consistently pulling down and syncing the mail, it just doesn't have all the functions that full on email programs provide (as marc plainly admits). versamail seems nice, but without a trial for the latest versions (they're only on the latest palm heandhelds right?) it's hard to tell. i wish snapper would hurry up just like everyone else.
    i am using 2.6 versamail. it has a bug but Palm has a patch to fix it.(something regarding the sync.. such as deleted from the client but it does not delete in the server.. something like that).

i am not sure how good snapper 2.0 would be. i use agendus pro 8 email for sync up the imap folders and read email. i have not been able to read email from treo in last few days bc tmo gprs has been unstable for a while.