1.    #1  
    So, what is the bottom line? Is it possible to use the SPrint Treo 600 in foreign countries to log on to local networks to make local call, or use calling cards to get to call the US? Sprint says phone is not GSM. Does this mean that this setup is impossible? I have read posts on unlocking, but don't know if this is what I need to do, and if it's possible with a Sprint phone. Any help greatly appreciated, as need to travel soon.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    unless you go to a country like Australia or Japan where they have CDMA, yes - it's impossible.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    The only foreign places I have used a Treo 600 CDMA are in Hong Kong and Canada. Both only allowed only voice calls. You can pretty much forget use anywhere else. Sprint has a good program to rent you a GSM phone while you are traveling and they forward your number to the GSM while you are international.
    Until Sprint starts using multiband with R-UIM, not possible..

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions