1. DJT
    Ugh... So I decided to try updating my Treo 600's firmware today at work (where I still am). Downloaded the files, ran the setup, hot-synced, rebooted the Treo 600 and BAM... the things starts beeping like crazy and this box keeps popping up about 5 times a second saying "Plug your phone into the charger and select OK to continue". Well, my charger IS plugged in... I'm thinking that maybe the character is broken the phone isn't recognizing the connection. There's a "Cancel" button, which doesn't work... go figure. I don't have another charger, and this error message won't let me back into my phone.... I tried soft-resetting and it just comes up again after the phone restarts. Is there anything I can do???? I thought about going out and buying another charger, but I can't find a single retail B&M store that sells one for the Treo 600. Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated! At the rate this thing is beeping and blinking, my battery will probably be completely dead in an hour anyway... HELP!

-Tom
    hard reset it. best thing i can think of.
  3. DJT
    I thought of that.. but if I re-sync the Treo afterwards to get my applications back, won't it reinstall that FM updater?

BTW... how do you hard reset these? I did it the last time I updated the firmware, but can't remember.
    i had the same problem once. you need to hard reset. make sure that all the inflater/installer stuff is gone ( which a hard reset will accomplish ). then attempt the update again. to hard reset hold the power button down while resetting and you will get a prompt to select up on the 5-way button to reset.
  5. DJT
    Okay, I went ahead and did the hard reset and I'm back into my phone now... Anyone know how I can remove the updater software so it doesn't try to install it again next time I synch? Also, does anyone know where I can get a new charger without having to order it online?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    If you did a hard reset and chose to remove all the data the update program on the phone is gone. You can fire up the Palm Desktop software and click on the install icon and items to be installed will show...just remove anything off the list you don't want installed.

As far as a charger you may can find one at your handy Cingular/Sprint/ATT/whatever supplier nearest you.
    i dont think you charger is fried, i had the same problem when i updated. you should try the update again, after i hard reset everything worked fine.
  8. DJT
    Yeah.. now that I'm back into my phone, the charger seems to be working fine... very strange. I ran hot-sync and everything was restored without a problem (it didn't restore the installer program). I guess I will try updating the firmware again tomorrow... no more time to waste on it today Thanks for the suggestions!

Tom