1.    #1  
    I downloaded the new 3.06 FW for my AT&T branded Treo 600 from the PalmOne site last weekend and installed it. It went pretty smooth with only a couple of hiccups.

I followed the directions to do a sync first as a backup and that went fine. I use LauncherX as a launcher replacement and after the upgrade every time I tried to run it, I'd get a soft reset. Same was true with TreoButler. I uninstalled both, reinstalled them and they both worked fine. My downloaded ringtones and all my apps remained installed as before the upgrade. Overall pretty painless. Except for the hassle with uninstalling/reinstalling TreoButler and LauncherX, the upgrade took about 10 to 15 minutes.

I have noticed some improvement. I've been having an intermittent problem with people I talk to hearing a pretty loud high frequency buzz that I can't hear except in rare cases. It's loud enough that often people can barely hear me over it even with "5 bars" signal strength. The noise sounded somewhat like the interference you hear on a cordless phone at home if your treo is transmitting and it's within a foot or two of the cordless phone. It happend at work, at home, in the car, walking around, etc. so I know it wasn't location specific.

So far about 3 days with the upgrade and no recurrence of the buzzing problem and it was pretty painless.

-- Kevin
    "If looks could kill, each and every cheap thrill could be a homicide."
    - from the song "2001" by Melissa Etheridge
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin_talbot
    So far about 3 days with the upgrade and no recurrence of the buzzing problem and it was pretty painless.
    I hope it was not due to your battery level: have you tried with low battery condition (40% or less)? it's the buzz really went away? I have 3.05 and it's still there on a pretty new unit... :-(
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro