1.    #1  
    Hi all,

When I go to the SMS application after a new SMS has come in, the screen shows "Importing SMS Messages" and a progress bar. This stays on for about 5 sec before the SMS list appears. Any fixes ?

Also, after sending an SMS, the SMS list stays on screen, and nothing works till about 3-4 secs later.

I am thinking maybe a software conflict with some other application, but I am not sure how to solve this. Any help much appreciated.

Sheldon
    This is the way it is, even with an empty Treo! It's as if getting into and out of the SMS program taxes the system, and there is a delay. It would be wonderful if someone could figure out how to get past this.

Andrew
    i do not get a Importing SMS Messages progress bar.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by sheldon
    Hi all,

When I go to the SMS application after a new SMS has come in, the screen shows "Importing SMS Messages" and a progress bar. This stays on for about 5 sec before the SMS list appears. Any fixes ?

Also, after sending an SMS, the SMS list stays on screen, and nothing works till about 3-4 secs later.

I am thinking maybe a software conflict with some other application, but I am not sure how to solve this. Any help much appreciated.

Sheldon
    I have the same problem but in my case the progress bar stays there of about 20 sec!!! Help!!!
    I also had a VERY SLOW startup for the standard sms application on
    my treo 600. I had a progress bar staying at 30% for at least 2 minutes every time! Quite unworkable. I had this waiting time with my previous treo (270) as well, although it showed no progress bar but just waited.

I just deleted (purged) my almost 3000 messages in my sent folder
    and now it goes so quick I don't even see a scrollbar anymore!
    (To do this, go to the sent folder and tap the left top corner of
    the screen. Then select purge... older than one week and wait a few seconds...)

Problem solved!

(I synchronized my old treo 270 via my laptop to my new treo 600 and there
    seemed to be still some leftover empty smses which I could not see on my old 270 in the sent box, but the number of then (almost 3000) were shown between brackets after the sent folder in the pull down list in the sms app.
    on my treo 600.)

castorp
    Thanks, I tried deleting sent messages but in may case it did not work!
    Last edited by jurek; 12/02/2004 at 12:33 AM.