Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The main Updater thread is getting very long and any problems vary between carrier.

When the Orange Updater comes out, can we all report back to this thread, then at least we will all be talking about the same product.

Can't wait for Orange Updater to come through.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Or you could go with the 'other carriers' update and be done with the Orange fluff...
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
    If you use the "Other updater" I assume that yuou have to edit something with FileZ first , is that correct.
  4.    #4  
    Quote "Or you could go with the 'other carriers' update and be done with the Orange fluff..."

True, but having waited until the offical one is near, rather than some of the earlier "hacks", I would feel a bit silly if it all went wrong and then Orange said 'tough, you should have used the Orange updater'.
    Ah, but that would require some form of customer support for the Treo from Orange, and well all know that just aint going to happen

I'm running the 'other' update now and everything is working dandy (although YMMV, at least according to some of the other threads in this forum..)
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
  6.    #6  
    Quote 'Ah, but that would require some form of customer support...'

Granted, you're right there.

Quote ' I'm running the 'other' update now '

Interesting, I might follow suit if Orange take tooooo long over it

Quote 'although YMMV, at least according.... '

You've got me there, "YMMV" ?, I don't know that one.

Edit: found it on Google "Your mileage may vary".

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    I'm not sure whether to wait for the Orange update either. I mean, do I want Orange Backup and Update? They don't do that much for me, can't think of any other 'benefits' the Official Orange update will have. From experience with spv Orange tend to be the last of all operators to get their update out. :|
    everyone else seems to be getting their updates apart from us here in the UK / Europe via orange, has anyone tried the 3.04 thingy ??
    I'm using the "other carriers" update on an Orange UK Treo, and everything is working fine. I'd definitely say go for it.
    Dozens of people over at mytreo.net have already installed all sorts of firmware, including 3.04, 3.05 and 3.06 on their Orange UK/FR/CH Treo 600.
    I am still running F$
    As there has been a steady stream of updates for various carriers the palmone treo updater page the promise that others are "coming soon" seems to be believable. That being the case I'd rather not take risks with my precious and wait for the official Orange update.
    updated to 3.04 on orange uk - locked - about 2 weeks back after reading lots of info on here - (from origional release back in november)
    and all was fine so updated again (today) to 3.05 and so far so good.
    Hi - anyone gotn any instructions for updating Orange UK treo's for a new user?

I have tried the 'orange update' app but it just times out./
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    Dozens of people over at mytreo.net have already installed all sorts of firmware, including 3.04, 3.05 and 3.06 on their Orange UK/FR/CH Treo 600.
    What is this new "3.06" firmware, never heard about it ?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by olac
    What is this new "3.06" firmware, never heard about it ?!?
    It's the AT&T Wireless updater: 3.06 thread
  17.    #17  
    At last

The Orange UK updater is out.

I will give it a go tonight, anyone else tried it yet.

Any tips.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    At last

The Orange UK updater is out.

I will give it a go tonight, anyone else tried it yet.

Any tips.

Chas
    url?
    it didnt work for me something about my phone not being compatiable or well i done the hacked versions ages ago so i dont really care
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast