1.    #1  
    Hi,

I've one week with my treo 600 and I'm very happy with it. I currently use it for AudioBooks (Reading the Davinci code right now), MP3's (from Real Rhapsody), voice memo, agenda, phone, camera, video camera and more! all in my belt.

I've encountered one minor problem though. Why is it that nobody sells Stereo headphones with integrated mic's for the treo 600? I can't believe that I need two headsets (one for MP3's and the other for the regular phone) why not sell an all in one headset + mic for the treo 600?

Thanks,
    There are at least two solutions forsale on this website. One is a stereo headset with a built in mic, the other is an adapter that let's you use the headphones of your choice and it has a mic built into the adapter. I don't have URLs handy (typing this up on my T6) but if you look under the headsets section, you should find what you are looking for.
    Actually, you can use the nokia stereo headset. It uses the 2.5 mm headphone pin just like the treo, which has 3 stripes (for channels right, left and mic, I guess). I had that and used it for a while and it works fine.
    I think the XDA headset is supposed to work as well, but it has a plastic covering that prevents you from fully inserting it. I'd bet that cutting that plastic out would solve the problem... hehe.. but go with the nokia stereo headset/mic.
    cookie, the Treo only supports jacks with 2 stripes, thats why theres a switch (from phone to headphones) on the models made specifically for the Treo. When you use the nokia headset you are actually using the mic on the Treo.

I own the Seidio 2-in-1 headset and love it, though its not perfect. I broke the clip the other day so I took the clip off the headset that came with the Treo and stuck it on the wire. Wish I had done that a long time ago! Works great
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  5.    #5  
    Thanks ThirdType,

Exactly the answer I was looking for. I regularly listen to AudioBooks and need to take calls also, so I need a true 2-1 supported by the Treo.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    I own the Seidio 2-in-1 headset and love it, though its not perfect. I broke the clip the other day so I took the clip off the headset that came with the Treo and stuck it on the wire. Wish I had done that a long time ago! Works great
    oops my bad.. guess I've been listening it them in mono.. the sound goes into both headphones though. And the mic works as well.
    Hey, no problem. I myself am listening to Japanese language learning CD's (mp3 in Pocket-Tunes) a lot which involves speaking back. Its funny when someone rings me, I click over so fast I almost want to answer in Japanese ^_^
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989