1.    #1  
    After the update to FW 1.20, I was able to download a few .prc files with Blazer. I thought, great, Palmone fixed it. But the last few times I tried to DL .prc files I got the error message that this type of file is not recognized. I had to resort to Web Pro, as I 've done before the FW update. What's your experience with .prc files and Blazer?
    Me, too.

BUMP
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    blazer seems to be dependent on the server's mime type being correctly set for .prc files. I cannot download from www.treobits.com because their mime mapping does not seem correct, but I can download from www.infinityball.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by biscoradio
    blazer seems to be dependent on the server's mime type being correctly set for .prc files. I cannot download from www.treobits.com because their mime mapping does not seem correct, but I can download from www.infinityball.com.
    After our host change, I set the mime type for .prc and .pdb to application/x-pilot, so I think you shouldn't have the problem anymore. Please let me know if you still have a problem downloading fom TreoBits.
    ever since update blazer is not working get message download cannot be completed please try again later. web pro and web viewer work fine and blazer worked before update

Fred
  6.    #6  
    That's odd. I just tried the 2 sites you listed and was able to DL prc from both. I don't remember which site I had trouble with. If I come across one again I'll post.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    After the update to FW 1.20, I was able to download a few .prc files with Blazer. I thought, great, Palmone fixed it. But the last few times I tried to DL .prc files I got the error message that this type of file is not recognized. I had to resort to Web Pro, as I 've done before the FW update. What's your experience with .prc files and Blazer?
    I have the exact same problem trying to download .prc files from message threads on TreoCentral. Is there a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman
    I have the exact same problem trying to download .prc files from message threads on TreoCentral. Is there a solution?
    same here
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    After our host change, I set the mime type for .prc and .pdb to application/x-pilot, so I think you shouldn't have the problem anymore. Please let me know if you still have a problem downloading fom TreoBits.
    Yippee! It works now! I think I had tried downloading from you last weekend and it wasn't working... Either way, this seems to be an issue that affects some treos on some sites - and it seems to be mime-mapping on the server side that fixes it. Thanks treoBits - I love your site - great for quick downloads on the go.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    You should also try to download a MIDI file and see what results you get. Many had a problem with downloads after the fw update. Deleting the "Unsaved Preferences" file with FileZ or another file manager and resetting the Treo seemed to resolve the download issues for most.

I'm wondering if this isn't a manifestation of the same problem.
    Yippee! It works now! I think I had tried downloading from you last weekend and it wasn't working... Either way, this seems to be an issue that affects some treos on some sites - and it seems to be mime-mapping on the server side that fixes it. Thanks treoBits - I love your site - great for quick downloads on the go.
    I noticed that I didn't setup the mime-type quite right, so that's probably why you had a problem last weekend. I corrected it yesterday. I'm happy to know that it's working for you now.
  12.    #12  
    Here's links to 2 prc files that I can't download with Blazer. Does it work for you or not?

http://discuss.treocentral.com/attac...achmentid=2666 P600SA.prc

http://discuss.treocentral.com/attac...achmentid=2655 SoundOff.prc
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Here's links to 2 prc files that I can't download with Blazer. Does it work for you or not?

http://discuss.treocentral.com/attac...achmentid=2666 P600SA.prc

http://discuss.treocentral.com/attac...achmentid=2655 SoundOff.prc
    The MIME type for both of these files is wrong, and the file extension is .php, so most likely Blazer has no way to recognize that this is a PRC.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarc
    The MIME type for both of these files is wrong, and the file extension is .php, so most likely Blazer has no way to recognize that this is a PRC.
    If I attempt to download either of these files with IE, they are .prc files. However with Blazer I get the usual "file type not supported" error.
    After the update I can't download .prc files from here on treocentral. Help! I already deleted unsaved preferences and that fixed ringtones dloads but not this.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Anyone? Now I just tried to download the .zip from Shimon's site of the newest version of 2Day and it gave me that same error. I deleted "unsaved preferences" again and no fix still. Anyone?