1.    #1  
    Help!

I dont know when this came about exactly, but I need some of TC's wisdom. Recently, my treo has been acting up. More specifically, it does not seem to be able to hold a charge for very long. When sitting on the cradle, the LED switches between a solid green and solid red light. The battery life displays 23% (even after two straight nights on the cradle, and yes I did check the cable). When I take it off the cradle, it immediately shuts off. If I press the power button after that, it takes about 25 secs for it to actually turn on. When it does, it has the factory defaults on there.

I dont know if this is an app that I synced that killed it or if it's a physical issues. I would appreciate anykind of advice though. I have done a Soft Reset and a System reset. I even updated the firmware to 1.20 (Sprint Phone). I havent tried a hard reset since now the treo doesnt even come on anymore.

Should I just take it to the sprint shop?

-Blademonkey
    Hi,

I can't see from your post if you tried power reset. If not - just try it, you have to plug you treo into a charger and make a soft reset.

Hope it helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    Help!

I dont know when this came about exactly, but I need some of TC's wisdom. Recently, my treo has been acting up. More specifically, it does not seem to be able to hold a charge for very long. When sitting on the cradle, the LED switches between a solid green and solid red light. The battery life displays 23% (even after two straight nights on the cradle, and yes I did check the cable). When I take it off the cradle, it immediately shuts off. If I press the power button after that, it takes about 25 secs for it to actually turn on. When it does, it has the factory defaults on there.

I dont know if this is an app that I synced that killed it or if it's a physical issues. I would appreciate anykind of advice though. I have done a Soft Reset and a System reset. I even updated the firmware to 1.20 (Sprint Phone). I havent tried a hard reset since now the treo doesnt even come on anymore.

Should I just take it to the sprint shop?

-Blademonkey
    Blademonkey ~

After 30 or so charges, you may have to "drain" your battery to recalibrate the Charge / Gauge.

For indepth information / explanation please view the following posts:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...34&postcount=5

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...97&postcount=7
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ArcBody; 05/24/2004 at 04:33 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you both for your prompt reply.

Vorozhbyt, if you mean a hard reset then I have not done so. I will try to do it asap.

ArcBody, by "draining" the battery, I'm assuming you mean to just run it till it drops dead, right? Is there a "right" way to discharge this battery? Thanks for the links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    Thank you both for your prompt reply.

Vorozhbyt, if you mean a hard reset then I have not done so. I will try to do it asap.

ArcBody, by "draining" the battery, I'm assuming you mean to just run it till it drops dead, right? Is there a "right" way to discharge this battery? Thanks for the links.
    It isn't necessary to drain it 100% In most cases you will be OK.

BUT: There is a risk - due to Charging Circuit Internal Protection:

Please: Read the Links

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

http://www.national.com/appbriefs/files/AppBrief101.pdf
    i never noticed any significant battry drop
    untill i just bought the cradle from the treo

u think the cradle sux the battry ?
    sounds illogical but might be getting on somethere here
    i woke up and my batrry suddenly at 43% after 100% charge yesterday ...
    funny ...
  7.    #7  
    I dont know, but now my treo wont even start without being in the cradle, when I got home I was able to get it to do a hard reset. But nothing is changed the Battery life seems stuck at 23-24%.

grr.

help!
    Last edited by Blademonkey; 05/25/2004 at 12:08 PM.
    Hi,

actually you have to perform soft reset. And I would suggest to use charger instead of cradle for several days, may be the problem is in the cradle.
  9.    #9  
    I performed a soft reset a system reset and a hard reset. It's still acting the same.

I'm calling sprint
    I had a similar situation with a Treo 300. Sprint replaced it.