1.    #1  
    I have Cingular service with my treo 600 and since they do not provide any SMTP server, I have to use our company's authenticated server. However, it does not run on standard port (25). It uses a non-standard port and I could not find any place to specify an alternate port. I tried SnapperMail and I was able to specify an alternate port and send email without any problems.

I tried 'hostname:PORTNUMBER' syntax in 'SMTP Server' text field, but it did not work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Try using photo.mycingular.com for the SMTP server.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Haven't tried on the smtp outgoing mail, but at least for pop, the convention of:
    hostname.domainort
    works!

Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieGene
    Try using photo.mycingular.com for the SMTP server.
    Thanks - that seems to work. I hope that this was left open for a reason (at least from Cingular Express users) and they won't close it off.

[Edited to add]After posting the above paragraph, I also noticed that photo.cingular.com adds an advertisement to all my outgoing messages, this is not acceptable for me.

jrd
    Last edited by jrd; 05/26/2004 at 01:30 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by puterguy
    Haven't tried on the smtp outgoing mail, but at least for pop, the convention of:
    hostname.domainort
    works!

Thanks!
    I tried smtpserver : port syntax, but it did not work. Note that I added space between colon and p in this post so it won't show up as a smily face.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Jatin
  6.    #6  
    I just found out that 'host: port' syntax is working all along. It is just that the Cingular treo mail client only does CRAM-MD5 authentication and I had to configure our SMTP server to accept CRAM-MD5 authentication (in addition to the most popular LOGIN authentication).

Thanks for everyone's help on this.