Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Treo turns on because I had backupman running at 3:30AM but I don't wake to that.

Other applications can turn on the light as well, sometimes, someone would send me text message from outside the US and it would not go through, it would light up the Treo. Must be application based somehow.
    Dang!!! Now you guys all got me curious and I'll have to wake up at 3:29 am just to see if my Treo powers up at 3:30 am!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Is it 3:30 EST or 3:30 local time. Now I have to check it out . But this does raise another security problem. Given that we download freeware/shareware at will to the treo (atleast I do) plus the fact treo contains a lot of private info (contacts,splashId etc etc) and many of us have internet gprs connection (some even unlimited data plan), it is possible that there could be a trojan that send out private data to someone out there.

Is there a zone alaram like utility to stop that from happening?. or maybe turning off radio (phone) is a way to do that. But that would also make the phone useless..... any ideas??
    Creepy!@#
    It's 3:30am... They tried contacting me too!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Add me to the list of those "contacted". Just noticed my Treo screen turn on at 3:30am. Strange.
    ok, letīs see: 3:30 AM California = 11:30 AM Austria. No activities from my Treo usually (i would know - treo always on and gprs active). might be a specific carrier related issue or they are out for americans only ...
    pineas...its 3:30AM EST...so reduce three more hours....

Quote Originally Posted by pineas
    ok, letīs see: 3:30 AM California = 11:30 AM Austria. No activities from my Treo usually (i would know - treo always on and gprs active). might be a specific carrier related issue or they are out for americans only ...
    no matter when, my treo behaves properly (at least and only in this respect, though) and stays quiet. they donīt want me out there... a pity...
    I just noticed it today. I was pulling an all-nighter to finish a paper, and the phone flashed on at exactly 3:30am, Central Daylight Time.
    I think it's one of those mysteries that you hear so much about......
    Mine does the same at 3:30 central time EVery day.
    The Toad
    is the common denominator that it wakes when it is charging? because mine only wakes at 3:30 when I am charging. so maybe it has something to do with that. i havent charged my phone throughout the night so it does not wake at 3:30 now.
    Charging or not mine wakes up
    The Toad
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman
    Add me to the list of those "contacted". Just noticed my Treo screen turn on at 3:30am. Strange.
    Me too!
    I always have the treo charging in the office but last night I had it in the bedroom for using Bobs Alarm to wake me for an appointment. Lo and behold in the middle of the night I was awoken to the glow from my bedroom ceiling. At first I thought I had 'been called home early' but to my relief it was just the treo. Weird!
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    My treo does this, too, but not every night (maybe about 7 times in a month). However, when it DOES happen, I hear the chimes that accompany the act of turning the radio on, and that wakes me up! It can be aggravating.
    mine always turns on at 3:30am when it is chargeing, if the radio is off, it turns on, if the radios on, the screen just flashes. heres a way to prevent your treo from waking you up every morning by hearing the radio turn on at 3:30am; always leave the radio on.
    Add me to the list. I just noticed that my treo turned on, with the keyguard on, at 3:30 exactly. It did not shut off for I'd say 2-4 minutes. Strange since the keyguard will normally turn the phone off after a few seconds. The phone is left on the cradle, but if its of any interest, it is not plugged into my computer.

We've got to find out whats going on.

I live on the east coast, so ET (I think its EDT, not EST to be exact, but that doesn't matter. No one during daylight savings ever would deliberately use EST.
    im ticked...

i have to get up at 4:45 to hit the gym. & my treo (sitting in a cradle) is glowing brite as the sun at 3:30.

i have the email timed off at 11:30pm - 6:30am.
    i dont have megaclock.
    & my radio is on in case of calls.

no alarm sounds...it just lights up!!

can we get a solution please...because i use it as a backup alarm & i have to keep it in the bedroom. (yeah know, so i can her its time to get out!)
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!
    Mine does the same thing!
    My Treo 600 wakes up at 3:30 a.m. It then shuts off shortly thereafter.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast