1. crp
    Recently, I posted here about getting access to my Notes 5 email on my T600. The solution that works is MessageExpress (although I tried, unsuccessfully, to get Snapper, BaseJet, 2banywhere, Dataviz's Wireless Inbox-to-Go and mNotes) to work too. MessageExpress continues to work, when my corporate laptop is connected-- and that's the problem.

Evidently, there is some hidden security feature on my laptop which causes my VPN connection to be terminated at least daily, sometimes even more frequently. So, even if MessageExpress is active, if the VPN connection is dropped, nothing gets forwarded. I'm typically away from my office for days at a time so I can't be there to reconnect every time the VPN times out.

So, does anyone know of an email redirector that I can use that will cause my Notes server, not the desktop Notes client, to send and receive my Notes email to my Treo? I've looked into Chatter & Dave mentions using FastMail.fm. I read the documentation on the FastMail site, but I don't see how I can use FastMail to redirect an existing IMAP account that isn't in the fastmail domain.

Any ideas?

TIA,
    crp
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
  2. crp
    Bump.

Any suggestions?

crp
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    mnotes reads like it might do this: it says it supports both server side implementation and "push". That said, I've never tried either so I don't have a clue.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I tried mNotes once, and could get mail via Hotsync but could never get it to push mail to my phone wirelessly (and corporate IT would not support this for only me). We do now, however, use Pylon and SyncMail - but with IT support for the server side of things...
    Have you tried wirelessmail??? Take a look, if your admin gives you access it works incredibly well. It runs on the server so you don't have to even be connected a the time. www.martinscott.com/WirelessMail

GM
  6. crp
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryoil
    Have you tried wirelessmail??? Take a look, if your admin gives you access it works incredibly well. It runs on the server so you don't have to even be connected a the time. www.martinscott.com/WirelessMail

GM
    Gerryoil:

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't heard of their product. I downloaded the demo, but without having Designer or Editor access to the server, I could only install the Lite version. But, the installation stalled before completion, so I don't have it working right now.

At the price MartinScott uses, I might see if I can get our Notes admin to buy a copy.

Thanks again,
    crp
    I am a happy user of mail-e-on-air.com, which I found it on google.

Since I am an IT manager in the company, I can install it myself onto a Notes 5 server. Then authorised users can NEW/READ/REPLY/FORWARD his/her mail box using any WAP/GPRS devices.

I personally use Palm TT3 and SE T610 to access Notes5 email. Pretty good and easy to install solution.

Of course, you have to ask for help from IT department. But that solution should be the simpliest (place one NSF file on server) yet useful one at an affordable price.

To my understanding, it is not a mail redirector but a WML reformater in Notes Domino/Server. Like Domino's built-in Web client, this translate my mail box into a WML site and allow WAP/WML broswer to access.