1.    #1  
    I is it just me. I had my phone switchedbto palmbranded one and now notice screen resolution is degraded. Even program screen isn helping......... please help
  2.    #2  
    It appears that the screen desimated. Using ressco or any program for jpg, you can count the pixels. the phone I had prioir to palm brand was the hand spring 600. is it the screen phisicly or can I fix it with upgrade f/w (its now 1.10
    From what I have heard Palmone ran into a shortage of screens and switched manufacturers. I haven't seen a palmone branded screen, but some people have said the quality is worse i.e. pixels showing, blue tint, etc. My guess would be no it is not fixable with a firmware upgrade. The screen is a hardware issue. I just hope they don't use the same manufacturer when the release the new Treos.
  4.    #4  
    what do I do the screen is realy bad. will palm fix this or exchange it.... ??

-Stranded am I puny 160 looks worst then before
  5.    #5  
    Sprint only has the palmone brand phone........

Can any one confirm or at least give url on palm site that I can get this replaced.

Does any one own a palm branded one, that the screen is working well. This screen is pixelating realy bad. it doesn't show a solid picture at all instead get boxy.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I had Handspring treo600Sprint, and it had a battery problem so i took it to the sprint store where they decided to replace it and opened a brand new phone, so i had a chance to compare old "handspring" phone with a new "palm" phone the screen qualty degradation is the first thing I noticed. I mentioned this to the sprint guy, but he refused to admit it. I decided to go with it anyways.
    Also Going to prefrences screen and adjusting brightness and contrast improves things a little bit.
    My one and only T600 is palmOne branded, and I use Sprint. I do not see the pixel problem or any of the other problems mentioned. I always thought it was the palmOne branded that didn't have problems, and that the Handspring branded ones did. Either way, no problems for me!
  8.    #8  
    i had the same problem today (with batts or charger) and went with the switch. I didnt notice it till i got home though, because i tjhough the sun light was causing that.

But now im stuck, and unless they can help me I wil demand cash.

Any one compared the palmone and handspring new ones, cuz the ones in stores for replace are refurbs. Can any post here a web site that can get me in contact with palm one company.
    I had to turn my handspring phone back in to Frys because the ear piece did not work. The Palm branded screen is not as bright and is harder to see in the daylight.
    I have a PalmOne branded phone from Spinrt and I have no problems as mentioned with my screen.
  11.    #11  
    Please guys specify if it is a new phone bought, or a replacement. I am wiling to pay sprint for a new palmbranded as long as the screen is in good quality........

also what is palm tech support, I got a bone to pick with em...

thnks guys
  12.    #12  
    Just got off phone with palm tech. No help at all. They said that Sprint handles the problems.

Sprint tells me to go to the stores here for replacement. Mean while most stores don't even have the phone in stock.

So im down withe a problem. Suppose I do find a store with treo 600 in stock, are all of the palm pranded ones realy low low quality and I mean those degraded decimated blue tinted pixelated ones. Or are there any one of palm branded that have similar quality of the handspring branded ones.

Please any one enlight'n me......
    Or at least guide me so that I may finally get a good treo again.

BTW the quality of this palm branded treo 600 is so bad the pictures taken with my original handspring brand looks worst than before. Its much to many holes that lok like old windows machines running in 8bit screen, mini X's filling collors above 16 color pallet. IMHO I believe the screens are 8bit instead of the 11.5 as advertised. Please any one...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi-emu
    Please guys specify if it is a new phone bought, or a replacement. I am wiling to pay sprint for a new palmbranded as long as the screen is in good quality........

also what is palm tech support, I got a bone to pick with em...

thnks guys
    I bought my phone brand new from eBay 2 months ago.