1.    #1  
    Not sure if it was mentioned before or not.

http://www.motionapps.com/support/vi...2&lastpage=yes
    Your avatar is giving me nightmares.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I know, I look a bit better now (15 years later), sorry...
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    Not sure if it was mentioned before or not.

http://www.motionapps.com/support/vi...2&lastpage=yes
    I have been using mSafe for a while and havn't been able to do what you are saying. Once the message is received, my treo locks. Any attempt to reset the treo except for a hard reset will just return the treo to locked mode. I think that's a built-in palm os feature.

I was having a bunch of problems with mSafe giving me a white screen and crashing my treo occasionally on incomming sms messages. I solved this by turning off the mSafe sms locking, but leaving on the two options to lock the treo with a reset or wireless mode off. Then I use the treohelper app to check for sms messages to lock the phone. This has been working great for about a month now.
    I noticed that was a security flaw since the day mSafe was released for the Treo 600. I've had the very same copy of mSafe installed since that day and have since noticed that after FW update 3.04 & 3.05 it no longer allows you to bypass it that way. Thus I'm assuming Handspring was responsible for the security flaw. Not MotionApps.
    The problem is resetting BEFORE the device is locked. Holding up on the nav and resetting prevents any apps from running in the background, such as mSafe.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Resetting that way is called a Debug Reset, and it by passes one of the start up codes available for programs. Running your Treo after doing this may cause some programs to work improperly. Also, I just noticed that I was not able to turn on Wireless mode after a Debug reset.

If your Treo gets stuck in a Reset sequence (for instance, after loading new ROM or a broken application), the Debug Reset is a handy way to snap the Treo back into shape so you can delete the offending application. I'd recommend doing a normal soft reset after that so the Treo can run normally.
    mSafe locking by SMS still does not work correctly on Orange UK GSM.

Hopefully the update will also sort this out, as the mSafe people do not seem to have managed it yet.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    mSafe locking by SMS still does not work correctly on Orange UK GSM.

Hopefully the update will also sort this out, as the mSafe people do not seem to have managed it yet.

Chas
    Works as advertised on OrangeCH... I would say that it is not Motion Apps problem but something OrangeUK have done to 'their' version of the Treo software. I mean, we can't expect Motion Apps to make a specific version of mSafe for every carrier...

The OrangeCH official software updater is out. When the UK version surfaces, it may fix your problem.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmoko
    Works as advertised on OrangeCH... I would say that it is not Motion Apps problem but something OrangeUK have done to 'their' version of the Treo software. I mean, we can't expect Motion Apps to make a specific version of mSafe for every carrier...

The OrangeCH official software updater is out. When the UK version surfaces, it may fix your problem.
    I beg to differ. With a Palm such as the Treo it is well known that each carrier makes slightly different software.

When Motion Apps advertised a Treo 600 version as coming soon, I emailed them offering to beta test it on the UK Orange set-up. They did not even reply to my email.

When the new version came out it was advertised as working on the Treo 600. I paid for it and then found that the sms locking only worked if the Treo 600 (UK) was turned on, ie screen on.

Now that looks like a lack of beta testing to me. If they had said it was working on all carriers other that UK I would not have bought it.

As it is I like the other security features it offers, so I am "happy " with Motion Apps, but I do think they bear some responsibility for selling me a program that did not do what it said it would do.

But I ain't going to get upset about it

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    Oh, I forgot to add :

When Treoguard came out it had a OrangeUK bug in it. The nice man sent me a debug version, I reported back the fault code and he then fixed the problem. Not a UK only version, just a bug fix, plus he offered me a free registration to any of his other programs for my trouble.

Now that's what I call service.

Chas
    Thought of the day :