1.    #1  
    I have just purchased a treo 600. I have a 256mb sd card. What are some multimedia apps I should have for myself and to show off ? I would really like to know about mpeg viewing and movie recording as well as sound recording. Another thing is what do I have to do for voice ringers on my treo? Thanks for all future advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by GDWells
    I have just purchased a treo 600. I have a 256mb sd card. What are some multimedia apps I should have for myself and to show off ? I would really like to know about mpeg viewing and movie recording as well as sound recording. Another thing is what do I have to do for voice ringers on my treo? Thanks for all future advice.
    Welcome aboard!

For MP3, try deluxe PTunes or the basic PTunes. 256Meg may fill up quicker than you think.

There other users that have tried the Movie recording software. I will leave it up to the other users to respond.
    when you registered (if you have done so) your Treo, you had the option to download PTunes. Also, you can download RealPlayer for PalmOS. or check AeroPlayer. all of these will play MP3s or ogg vorbis's. you may also want to check some of the applications that allow you to use any MP3 as a ringtone - I don't use them myself, but if you look around you will find them.
    as for video recording - I use occasionally MovieRec (search on these forums), which allows you to record movie clips (with sound if you upgrade your firmware). Kinoma Player can be used to download and play Kinoma videos. You can also check MMplayer, which I think can play MPEG videos.
    have a look at Pocket-DVD, which alows you to convert any dvd to be viewed on your Palm.
    Note that I have not tried all of these applications - just PTunes, RealPlayer and MovieRec.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I did not know about Pocket-DVD, I am going to try that. Also if you want MP3 ringers (ie voice) you will need to download Ptunes, and then a ringer program. Lightwav, callshield, and callfilter all work. I have only used Lightwav and callshield, but I here great things about Callfilter.

Hope this helps
    Lonzo