1.    #1  
    My wife just got a Sprint vision (Toshiba, not Treo) and we have tried sending each other pictures without much success. When she sends me a picture, I get an SMS message with a link to a web page where I can view the picture. The problem is that when I highlight the link and push the center button, nothing happens. The only way I can get to the picture is to highlight the link, copy it, and then go to Blazer and past the link in and browse to the page and, optionally, download the picture. I'm also unable to get to that page in WebPro -- all I get is a blank screen and the title bar says "Player Detection."

When I try to send pictures to my wife, it gets even more strange: In pictures, I hit the share icon and my pictures get sent to an online album and my wife gets a message directing here to the online album where she can download the picture.

I thought that with Vision you could send photos directly to and from the T600 and other Vision capable phones. Am I mistaken? If this is possible, what am I doing wrong?
    Regards,

Robert
    Sprint unfortunately had them change the share feature of the Pictures application. They have it tied into their picture mail service. So, that's the reason for the behavior you're seeing. For the Toshiba phone, there is no way around it, unless someone has come up with a separate method to taking and sending a picture for it. For the Treo, there is an application being developed to bypass Sprint's picture mail service, and also provide better quality pictures. The name of the application is pickem, and it's in beta and available through this topic. Another method to bypass Sprint's picture mail service, is to use a separate mail client to send the picture as an attachement. There have been a few discussions on this topic.
    Second vot for using an e-mail between handsets with the picture as an attachment. Otherwise, you will be routed through Sprint's service, which (among other problems) limits image size and resolution.
  4.    #4  
    I assume that the e-mail is a text message with the photo as an attachment, right? Is there a way to compose an HTML message so that the picture will automatically display?
    Regards,

Robert
  5.    #5  
    OK, now I'm totally confused. I hadn't been doing e-mail on my T600 until now (my company uses GroupWise and I get into our e-mail server using a web client). I thought that it was possible to send an e-mail to a SPCS phone by addressing it as [phonenumber]@sprintpcs.com. All messages from my regular e-mail that I try to send to that number come back as an unknown user. I can send an e-mail to [myvisionid]@sprintpcs.com, but to get that message, I have to pull it down using the new Palmone mail client. I thought that there was a way to send an e-mail directly to a T600. Is that not the case?
    Regards,

Robert
    I believe the email address should be [phonenumber]@messaging.sprintpcs.com. That in essence sends an SMS message to a Treo 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbienstock
    I assume that the e-mail is a text message with the photo as an attachment, right? Is there a way to compose an HTML message so that the picture will automatically display?
    If you used the Palm email application, you would create an email with text and the photo as an attachment.

An HTML email is basically what Share does through the Pictures application, except that the photo is stored on a Sprint server. I believe the email is really sent from the Sprint server and not directly from the Treo.