1.    #1  
    Any idea on when the new version is coming out?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    i wish they would release one already... something that supports multiple screen names for each service would be great. file transfers would be handy as well.
    I'm doing beta testing.... Don't rush them, believe me, you don't want to rush them. No multiple screen names per service. File transfers... Well... It might be there.
    Any note as to what might be there in the 2.x if multiple screen names are out and fiile xfer is a "maybe?"
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I have been testing ver 2.x for the past month. Its great and very stable. It automatically let's you know when a newer version is out and does an auto upgrade. You can chose either DATA or SMS as your prefer'd connection. File tranfer exists. You can now send certain files. Also you can create buddy groups and have verichat close session if you log on else where. Hope this gives yall a good heads up. Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    they havent released an upgrade in a while........
    i just want to be able to read my buddies away messages, before i IM them, and individual buddy alerts, ( basically i want exactly what AIM on the PC does!)
    what about the ability to receive im's from people not on your buddy list?? any idea if that's in 2.0?
    -- berto
    Basic question guy's. Does Verichat use SMS to send and receive IM's? I have a GPRS dataplan so can it not use that instead? I ask because I don't want to pay for lots of SMS's when I have an unlimited GPRS plan. The other reason I ask is that I don't actually know the email address of my SMS messanger service which Verichat seems to need to set up and trying to get it out of my carrier here is Thailand would be a nightmare. Can I use Verichat without this email address?
    Ko Samet beach & a Treo650 - the perfectly connected stress free office
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane
    Any note as to what might be there in the 2.x if multiple screen names are out and fiile xfer is a "maybe?"
    I'm not sure what I am and am not allowed to say (I think its "Don't say anything"... And I know its "Don't give it to anyone").
    Otherwise, there are new functions, but personally not as much as I would like to have seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    I have been testing ver 2.x for the past month. Its great and very stable. It automatically let's you know when a newer version is out and does an auto upgrade. You can chose either DATA or SMS as your prefer'd connection. File tranfer exists. You can now send certain files. Also you can create buddy groups and have verichat close session if you log on else where. Hope this gives yall a good heads up. Enjoy!
    I'm sorry, I seriously have to disagree with "Great" and ESPECIALLY DISAGREE with "very stable". If thats the case, why are we on beta 12? I've mostly had to go back to Chatter during my testing period.

Didn't know we were allowed to talk about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bertopl
    what about the ability to receive im's from people not on your buddy list?? any idea if that's in 2.0?
    This continues to be one of my disappointments, the answer is no.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuctboh
    I'm sorry, I seriously have to disagree with "Great" and ESPECIALLY DISAGREE with "very stable". If thats the case, why are we on beta 12? I've mostly had to go back to Chatter during my testing period.

Didn't know we were allowed to talk about it.
    Well for you to disagree with me saying its "GREAT" thats your opinion. Whether you use Chatter or Verichat is up to you as well. I have NO issues with Verichat nor have I had any issues since installing beta 3. Its very stable and hasnt crashed ONCE since beta 3. I have a group of 4 treo 600's 1 of them being GSM and the rest CDMA and all work flawlessly. The only hiccup came with the GSM version which became unstable during one of the beta versions past b3. I would greatly recommend Verichat over chatter anyday.. For many reasons. But thats my opinion.
    when they gonna release it?!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Well for you to disagree with me saying its "GREAT" thats your opinion. Whether you use Chatter or Verichat is up to you as well. I have NO issues with Verichat nor have I had any issues since installing beta 3. Its very stable and hasnt crashed ONCE since beta 3. I have a group of 4 treo 600's 1 of them being GSM and the rest CDMA and all work flawlessly. The only hiccup came with the GSM version which became unstable during one of the beta versions past b3. I would greatly recommend Verichat over chatter anyday.. For many reasons. But thats my opinion.
    Any idea on a release? I emailed regarding a bug a while back, and they said - Wait for 2.0 - it'll be killer... or something to that effect.. We will see it soon? I hope? Oh beta tester ... tell us !
    bump.. id like to know also
    I have NO issues with Verichat nor have I had any issues since installing beta 3. Its very stable and hasnt crashed ONCE since beta 3.
    Maybe we have different ideas of stability. No, I actually have NEVER had it crash. Not work properly, not stay logged on, set me away when I wasn't moving or doing it myself, etc.

As of Beta 11 it seems to not just log me off after 20 minutes. Now it stays atleast 2 hours. The public version, however, I could go 2-3 DAYS before it would do that to me.

I continue to report the problems, the people at PDAAPPS sometimes do and sometimes don't acknowledge it.

I'm not trying to start a Verichat/Chatter war. I like each of them for different reasons. And as a tester I want the version that goes out finally be the most stable one possible. Just like I'd like to help Mark@Chatter do the best possible too.
    Re: SMS EMAIL ADDRESS

Hi guys, any one know how i'd get the sms email addy for my t600 on Orange GSM UK?
    I mistakenly put my own email in last tim, and get a few irate msn-email messages from people who'd assumed i was online!
    *******Treo 600 on GSM Orange UK*******
    Firmware: 03.04
    Software: Treo600-1.12/1030/03...
    Hardware: B
    Quote Originally Posted by cy80rg
    Re: SMS EMAIL ADDRESS

Hi guys, any one know how i'd get the sms email addy for my t600 on Orange GSM UK?
    I mistakenly put my own email in last tim, and get a few irate msn-email messages from people who'd assumed i was online!
    send an sms to an email address you controll?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Sorry if that was a bit unclear...

Basically, I was looking for an email that would reach the phone via sms... I remembered having probs using the previous version of Verichat.

Unfortunately, a case of RTM, as when u click to enter the phone number in the NEW version of VC, it givies the example... "mobileNumber@provider.net", hence mine is ********@orange.co.uk.

Upon further fiddling, it seems that it uses SMS OR gprs / data, so Ive set mine to GPRS... sorted!

Thanx anyway tho...
    *******Treo 600 on GSM Orange UK*******
    Firmware: 03.04
    Software: Treo600-1.12/1030/03...
    Hardware: B