1.    #1  
    No one at TMo seems to be able help me out, and my search here came up empty. So as I wait for my "escalated" ticket to reach a CS, has anyone else experienced the following error when trying to connect t the internet: Error, GPRS connection not available, check your settings in network preferences and/or try again later. (0x7143)

I've never seen this before and I have been unable to connect for the last 2 days. I've tried all the obvious fixes- soft reset, wireless mode off and on, and switching network settings- nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    if your trying to connect to the internet go to preferrence then the 1st drop down window will have the t-mobile internet, or t zones select the one you have and should be a go...also t-mobile goes done every so offten also keeping you for connecting.

hope this helps.
    0x7143 is the error I get when there is something wrong with gprs. it has happened several times to me.

T-mo has to fix something on there end.

I usually get it in brooklyn, but gprs would work in manhattan.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    yes, i had seen it. i believe most of the time because gprs was not available or function correctly in my area.
    I am also experiencing some errors with gprs today and yesterday. At first I worried it it was related to the Cingular updater, but seeing others with the same issues, I am assuming it is maintenance related (which I have seen mostly on weekends) and usually clears up by Monday morning.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for all the feedback. Strangely, TMo techs ran several tests on their end, said I should be able to connect and that they "could see me". I'm hoping it's just a problem on their side but it's odd they had no other reports from my area. All very frustrating. **one last note, just for kicks I selected t-zones (instead of t-mo internet) through the network prefs and I was connected (saw the gprs icon) but when I tried to run blazer or mail it just timed out. Very strange.
    Had exactly the same problem right after I upgraded. Fixed very easily: I went to the Network Preferences and created a NEW connection from scratch with the T-mobile settings. Works perfectly for me.
  8.    #8  
    Hey thanks. I'll check it out but my connection came back up a couple of hours ago. Hopefully I won't have to do this again (doubt it) but I'll keep your tip in mind. Thanks again.
    Winebrat,

I get this every now and then, but a little more frequently lately. I usually just do a a soft reset and the problem goes away most of the time. If it doesn't work, I just wait another hour or so and no problem. Sometimes just by turning off the phone and turning it on again will do the trick.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  10.    #10  
    Rat,

Thanks, but as my first post stated, I did all you mentioned with no luck. I'm up and running again, but was out for over 24 hrs. which in unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by winebrat
    Rat,

Thanks, but as my first post stated, I did all you mentioned with no luck. I'm up and running again, but was out for over 24 hrs. which in unacceptable.

a couple of times I have gone 4+ days with out gprs.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Treo said it connects to GPRS network (TZONE), but when i try to fetch email and do web browsing, it does not work
    Quote Originally Posted by winebrat
    Rat,

u should be thankful your not on orange - i was without gprs for 3 weeks because of that error,

theres nothing the user can do, its a network provider problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    Treo said it connects to GPRS network (TZONE), but when i try to fetch email and do web browsing, it does not work
    I'm having the same problems as you. It worked over the weekend, and even early this morning, but not now.

When I had these problems last week, and soft reset would let me running again. Now, the soft reset doesn't help.

Update: It works fine now. Go figure.
    Last edited by heberman; 05/24/2004 at 12:01 PM.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I was getting this error a couple times a day and when I did a hard reset, everything came back up. I just called Tmobile and they said they reset my network settings or something on their end that should solve the problem. We'll see.
    Check out my personal site at http://www.lukemccoy.com
    Alex is right. It's T-mo's problem.

I had the same problem since 2-3 months ago. It only happens like 2-3 time a week, only at the place where I work. Called T-mo, went all the way up to tier 2/3 and engineer. Upon request, I tried soft reset, hard reset, resetting my account, changed a new SIM...the problem was always there. After 2-3 weeks, an engineer from T-mo called me and told it is their problem (tower busy or something). So far it has been good for a while.

I was hoping I could use this as an excuse for a new Treo 650
  17.    #17  
    Wow, a post over a year old resurrected. :-)