1.    #1  
    Hello All,

I was visiting Hot-Lanta last week on a business trip and my Treo 600 was stolen from one of the local bars in Buckhead. I don't know how it was stolen because it was on my belt clip while I sat at the bar. Anyways, I WAS PISSED. My friend and I searched the bar up and down. All I could think about was spending $600 more for another Treoo 600. I never sleep that night.

I called Sprint the next morning to report the stolen phone and asked what my options were. The Operator stated "Well Sir, you are paying $4 a month on the Sprint Replacement plan so we will ship you another phone for a non-refundable fee of $35." Man, she made my day. So a day later, UPS delivered my new or refurb phone (even thought it looks to be new). The phone even had the new 1.2 update.

Lesson of the day: Sign up for the Sprint Replacement Plan if you are a Sprint customer.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Can I get on that plan, even if I bought the phone from BestBuy? Also I bought the BestBuy performance plan, do I need the Sprint one also?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Update, I just called Sprint, they will cover your phone even if you bought it from somewhere else, such as BestBuy. I will be contacting BestBuy to see about the stolen phone coverage.
    Wow..I wish our service provider would do that
    Here, you loose it you buy another one.
    Heck, if anything happen you buy another one
    You people are lucky
    TMO offers optional insurance plan for any phones using an active TMO sim card. if i break or lose the phone, i will get a replacement. but again, it might be the same values or refurb. it is better than paying another 600 bucks for a treo :|
    Good heads-up is3mach. Just called Sprint and climbed aboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Can I get on that plan, even if I bought the phone from BestBuy? Also I bought the BestBuy performance plan, do I need the Sprint one also?
    As someone else mentioned, you can get the plan no matter where you bought the phone! The sprint plan covers any problems with the phone, or if it gets lost or stolen, with only a $35 or so deductable. I have used it before, and it's very nice to have when there are problems!

The Best Buy plan has some pros and cons to it, also. The best part about the plan is that if you have problems, you can bring it into a BestBuy store and they will try to fix it right then and there, or may even give you a new phone. But, (1) it does NOT cover your phone if it is lost or stolen, and (2) if you read the fine print, it does not cover problems with the actual screen of the phone/palm. So, if your screen cracks, that is NOT covered by the BestBuy Plan, but it would be covered by Sprint

The only other benefit to BestBuy's plan is that if you go to the right store and explain that there is something wrong with the phone, you might be able to get them to appy the purchase price of your old phone to a new phone! I was actually able to do this with my old LG phone when i upgraded to my Treo ($200 towards the price of Treo was a huge help). But, BestBuy has been getting tougher on doing this, so don't bet on this in the future.

So overall, Sprint's plan is a little better because it covers Lost/Stolen, but you can't go right into a store and get it fixed...you have to do it over the phone and get a replacement shipped to you.

Hope this helps!