Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    With the advent of new apps, which will allow more and more things to be stored on my palm the issue of memory space has become a concern. So I am looking for the Best and Fasterst apps which will allow you to store the app on the SD card and then run it as needed.
    So I would like to know if anyone has discussed which method is the best.
    The three options I am aware of are McPhling, Zlauncher and install directly to the SD card. One problem I see so far is that Zlauncher does not allow for you to launch unless you link too the SD card from within Zlauncher where as Mcphling builds a shortcuts which allows the process to be transparent to the user.

Has anyone tested for speed and reliability?

I am very interested in your comments on this matter.
    ZLauncher does ok but PowerRun is still the most robust app for this. I dont think McPhling does what you say, perhaps your thinking of PowerRun?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Sorry ** PowerRun ** is the app I am talking about…(Can’t blame that on my thumbs) And thanks for the like ericdrairchild.
    I hated PowerRun...It took forever to launch an app (could be b/c I install it on top of ZLauncher but not sure).
    I deleted it and that's where even more headaches started.
    The shortcuts that it created would cause resets when I click on them. (I thought that once I delete PowerRun everything would have been back to normal but apparently I had to undo whatever changes I made with it.)
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ZLauncher's great for this. You can easily move apps to the card and create shortcuts in tabs so they look like any other app.
    Skidoo, can you post a step by step?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Well I want to thank everyone for their input. I have spent the entire weekend playing around with Zlauncher. Wow this app is loaded with adjustment, But it does not meet my need for reducing space because of the backgrounds and profiles. I guess this app is just too configurable for my needs.. I don’t know all the ends and outs of the app yet but the only features it give me is: 1) The ability to run app from the SD card and I already have mcpling and 2) file manager I already have filez.

So I think I will stay with what is “for me” a good option and that is to stay with WASSUP; I can get to all the main apps and with the launch bar at the bottom give me 15 additional choices for flexibility.