Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you're not very intelligent please post here

-Then comeback when it breaks and tell us your story...
    Last edited by Treo600Sprint; 07/31/2004 at 05:34 AM.
    Boy! That dude above me is LOCO!

Anyways, before he editied his post, he made some crazy rant against SanDisk. Now, there may be folks who have terrible experiences with SanDisk cards, but here's my experience, and my original message:

-----------------------------------------------

Howdy...

FWIW.. I have been using a 256MB SanDisk card for the last 6 months, copying new music from my PC every day, and have never had an issue..

Not saying others don't have problems, just my experience...

Regards,

Ben
    Last edited by ben1000; 05/23/2004 at 12:12 PM.
    Same here. I bought a 256MB SanDisk back in November. Still using the same card with apps, music, documents, etc. I've heard of the problems. I guess I just got lucky.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo600Sprint
    Do not purchase Sandisk SD cards.

THESE CARDS HAVE NOW BEEN POSITVELY IDENTIFIED AS A FAULTY PRODUCT. DEPENDING ON YOUR USE, YOU MAY NEVER RUN INTO A PROBLEM WITH THE CARD, BUT THE BUGS THAT MAKE THE CARD ITSELF FAULTY ARE STILL PRESENT.

-Very bad customer/technical support

-Communication with the company proves useless.
    i.e. "we're working on that"... "this has been identified"

DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE MANY OF US HAVE MADE, PAY A LITTLE MORE FOR THE OTHER HIGHER QUALITY SD CARDS AND SAVE YOURSELF IN THE LONG RUN.
    I don't know what your smoking, but I have been using Sandisk cards since the beginning, and I haven't have a failure yet.
    What (exactly) is the issue with SanDisk SD cards? The tech support may be terrible (I've never had to call them, so I can't vouch for this), but tech support is terrible almost everywhere...

Like the others above, I have used them since I got my Treo and have never had an issue come up at all. I currently have 4 SanDisk 256MB cards.
    <a href=http://www.floydpinkerton.net>My Homepage</a><br>
    <a href=http://www.totaldialup.net>TotalDialup.com</a> My business<br>
    <a href=http://www.coverupsounds.com>Coverupsounds.com</a> (my small contribution)
    same here. no problem. been using them for years and no issues whatsoever. can't beat them for the price.

depending on your use? how many ways are there to use them? i store data and run programs on them.
    Perhaps you didn't run the update on your Treo so IT doesn't fry your card. I've had my 256mb card for over a year, running off multiple handhelds, and have never had a problem. My coworkers all have the same card, and no problem. Ran the update on my T3 as well so that my HANDHELD wouldn't ruin the card.
    I have three Sandisk cards - 128 mmc, 256 sd, and 512 sd. All work perfectly.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    If you're a HUGE dumb azz, please post a reply here and state how great your sandisk sd card is!!!!!!!!

I have been using Sandisk since the advent of the digital camera.

I have over a dozen cards, some of them are over 5 years old, not one Sandisk has ever failed,

and by the way, by your posts, we know who the dumbass really is, don't we.
    The only ones I knew that were bad were from people who shaved a little to much off the top of their cards and damaged them.
    There isn't enough money in the world that could make me ever buy SanDisk cards again....ever....nev er....NO!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Sorry, no dumb azz here. Just a person who hasn't had any problems reading/writing to his SanDisk SD card since he first got his Treo in mid-October. I guess you can say I'm a lucky azz.
    If you're a HUGE dumb azz, please post a reply here and state how great your sandisk sd card is!!!!!!!!

Treo600Sprint - How old are you 11? If not, grow up.

You had problems w\ SanDisk cards...fair enough. You started a thread warning everyone of the internal defects of SanDisk cards but you don't tell us what they are and how you know.

Those of us who haven't had a single problem w\ them all post to the contrary and then you decide to change your original post to insult us.

In life, there are going to be alot of people that don't agree w\ you...deal w\ it. It's not a personal indictment. It's a disagreement w\ what you've experienced.
    SanDisk is just fine ... hell I've used 6 of them swamping between my Kodak LS443, gf's digi cam and my Treo.

I've had two go bad and emailed SanDisk tech support, got a RMA in a few days and a replacement inside of two weeks.

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>

Sandisk SD 512 mb Ultra II (3): used in Treo 600, Tungsten W, Garmin iQue 3600. Heavy use / Excellent results / no complaints / no problems.
    Sandisk SD 256 mb (5): used in Treo 600 (2) Digital Cameras (3) zero problems.
    I'm not really "brand loyal" but Sandisk works as advertized.
    Do a Patent Search, Lexar is a pioneer in storage methods and access technology. However, they have licensed this technology to Sandisk, et.al.
    Matsu****a Electric has major advances, yet to be released - they are waiting for the device bus speed to increase. [IEEE Standard]
    I use (12) 1 GB IBM MicroDrives, Toshiba 5GB PCMCIA Cards, Nikon, Fuji, Panasonic, Lexar, Sony, Viking, Kodak, etc.
    Only 1 card was defective, replaced by Kodak.

So that we can learn from your experience - what SD Cards have you had success with - Please recommend.
    Last edited by ArcBody; 05/23/2004 at 11:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I have a 256MB Sandisk card. Has worked great since I bought it. Also seems like it is very quick, I did the VFS Mark thing and it scored a 245. It has one of the highest scores in the thread.
  17.    #17  
    Interesting thread...

I have a 256meg Sandisk card that freezes up two different PC's trying to access it. It works fine on the Treo. I've tried reformatting it both on a PC and on the Treo. I found one other card reader on another PC that can read and write to it. Very strange behavior.

I also have a 512meg Sandisk card that works fine in all 3 PC's and the Treo.

Not sure what to do about the 256 meg card...
  19.    #19  
    To clearify...

I've owned the 512 mb sd card for over 4 mo. with heavy use. Inlcuding MP3's and full movies (300+mb).

During this magical and error free time, I only used my device (Treo 600) and the hotsync process to install data (45+ min to write large files/but comforted by the assurance that it is less likely to experience the sd horrors I read of across forums on the net).

First problems of any sort arose once I purchased the Sandisk Imagegate usb 2.0 reader/writer. My very first file... was a movie... that I had written to the card before with no problem using the hotsync process... but never the less... The first use of the external reader/writer was used to write the 300+mb movie to the card.

After the writting process was complete, I inserted the sd card into the treo, and then it happened... the corrupted data message appeared. So I inserted the card back into the imagegate and tried deleting the file. And the file kept reappearing after deletion. So I formatted the card and no problems so far.

I've came to the conclusion I'll revert to using the good ol' hotsync process that took forever but never gave me hassle...

From my research, this problem [Reappearance of deleted files/corruption] is a problem of lower end [Sandisk/kingston] sd cards... Also the card specs are horrible compared to other sd cards. [ie read/write/access speeds]

Is that enough detail???
    To clearify...

I've owned the 512 mb sd card for over 4 mo. with heavy use. Inlcuding MP3's and full movies (300+mb).

During this magical and error free time, I only used my device (Treo 600) and the hotsync process to install data (45+ min to write large files/but comforted by the assurance that it is less likely to experience the sd horrors I read of across forums on the net).

First problems of any sort arose once I purchased the Sandisk Imagegate usb 2.0 reader/writer. My very first file... was a movie... that I had written to the card before with no problem using the hotsync process... but never the less... The first use of the external reader/writer was used to write the 300+mb movie to the card.

After the writting process was complete, I inserted the sd card into the treo, and then it happened... the corrupted data message appeared. So I inserted the card back into the imagegate and tried deleting the file. And the file kept reappearing after deletion. So I formatted the card and no problems so far.

I've came to the conclusion I'll revert to using the good ol' hotsync process that took forever but never gave me hassle...

From my research, this problem [Reappearance of deleted files/corruption] is a problem of lower end [Sandisk/kingston] sd cards... Also the card specs are horrible compared to other sd cards. [ie read/write/access speeds]

Is that enough detail???
    Sounds more like the typical Windows USB problems that some computer suffer while having devices pulling down the USB supply voltage.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast