Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It HAPPENS!

It's a nightmare, my 512 SD sandisk doesn't work.

All the data are lost, but this is the a problem that I could solve, I have a Bluesync. I tried to format the card with the treo but it fail. I'm not able to formatting that card. I don't know how to save a 100$ card.

Vito
    Quote Originally Posted by beat
    It HAPPENS!

It's a nightmare, my 512 SD sandisk doesn't work.

All the data are lost, but this is the a problem that I could solve, I have a Bluesync. I tried to format the card with the treo but it fail. I'm not able to formatting that card. I don't know how to save a 100$ card.

Vito
    I'm sure it does happen. In life, very little is perfect and offhand I cannot think of anything that never fails. But anecdotal evidence does not demonstrate a problem with SanDisk. The question would be their failure rate compared to others' rates.

Is your card not covered by warranty?
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires

Is your card not covered by warranty?
    Sandisk gives a 5 years warranty on this product, I hope to receive a brand new one as soon as possible directly from them.
    When I try to open a picture on my Mac PowerBook taken by my Treo on a 256Mb Sandisk SD card I get the error: "Couldn't open file. It may be corrupt or a file format Preview doesn't recognize" I use a 4 in 1 cardreader in the PCMCIA slot to mount the card.

When I try the exact same thing with an old JVC 8Mb SD card that came with a camcorder years ago there is no problem at all.

When I copy the picture stored on the Sandisk card to the Treo internal memory and then back to the JVC card, I can read the picture.

I have returned the Sandisk 256Mb card to the shop and got a new card. Problem remains. I have formatted both cards, in both the Treo and on the Mac. Problem remains.

When I try to e-mail a picture from Snappermail stored on the Sandisk card there is a problem also, the picture is often not recognized, but some older ones are (or sometimes not). The JVC card gives no errors.

MP3 files from the Sandisk card played on the Treo with pTunes sometimes pause or are skipped completely.

PS. When the Sandisk card is mounted on the Mac desktop there is garbled text in the list of filenames. Clicking on those seemingly corrupted files makes them disappear! Extremely weird, see attachment.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by reinder.rustema; 06/21/2004 at 06:30 PM.
    ReindeR
    I had the same problem with my 512 Sandisk SD when using cheap AT reader I bought at Fry's Electronics(Beware these readers suck).I have 2 other 256K Sandisk cards for over a year now and have had no problems with them.
    I will add that NO Sandisk card has ever been approved by Palm because they don't pass their Qualification Testing.I know this from a first hand source at Palm.After saying that you can't beat Best Buys price of $99 for a Sandisk 512k SD right now after a $25 rebate.So that is why I have a Sandisk 512k plain and simple Cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by i3igal
    I will add that NO Sandisk card has ever been approved by Palm because they don't pass their Qualification Testing.I know this from a first hand source at Palm.t.

The only memory cards sold on Palm's web site have Palm's name on them. That might give some clue as to what Palm endorses or not and why--but I see no evidence that in fact they endorse or critique any brand, nor do they indicate who makes their own branded card.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    Yesterday my THIRD SanDisk 512mb card stoppped functioning properly. The first 2 had errors but this time the card is totally gone, in the sense that all devices (camera, Treo600) say card error upon trying to format the card. I have a SanDisk in1 Card Reader and it seems all three cards went bad after being used on the card reader. So I am not sure if the failure is because of something wrong with the card reader or just poor quality cards. Either way both products are from SanDisk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    Yesterday my THIRD SanDisk 512mb card stoppped functioning properly. The first 2 had errors but this time the card is totally gone, in the sense that all devices (camera, Treo600) say card error upon trying to format the card. I have a SanDisk in1 Card Reader and it seems all three cards went bad after being used on the card reader. So I am not sure if the failure is because of something wrong with the card reader or just poor quality cards. Either way both products are from SanDisk.
    Sanjay - Man, what a bummer!
    Got a question: What is the numerical relationship re: SD Card Failure and OS?
    Sounds like a typical Windoze USB bus problem, not the card themselves, there are many discussions on bus problems on other links.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcBody
    Sanjay - Man, what a bummer!
    Got a question: What is the numerical relationship re: SD Card Failure and OS?
    Not sure what the relationship is, but in my case I am using Windows XP Pro.
    What other USB devices on the system, any system powered multi-port hubs etc. ?
    The first 2 had errors but this time the card is totally gone, in the sense that all devices (camera, Treo600) say card error upon trying to format the card. I have a SanDisk in1 Card Reader and it seems all three cards went bad after being used on the card reader. So I am not sure if the failure is because of something wrong with the card reader or just poor quality cards.
    I have the exact same issue. I went through two Sandisk 256 Ultra II SD cards... each would start giving errors and then eventually give out completely. I thought it was the card reader, but Zio (Dazzle) tells me that it is a Sandisk issue.

The first time I got a replacement. This time I got a refund and need to purchase a new card. I am thinking I will buy the Transcend 512 45x card. Anyone ever used it or have any insight on this card/brand?

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...factory=BROWSE

I am also using WinXP pro. I am using no USB hubs and have few other USB devices plugged in. (treo, printer, card reader, and extension cord that I sometimes plug a pen drive into) Could you elaborate on this issue or provide some links?

Thanks.
    -David
    On some computers there is not enough voltage to the USB port, the more you put on the bus the lower the voltage, of course a crap manufacter like Iomega would blame the disk.

On a Compaq machine I had the same problem.

What computer and model , there is a few know to have USB buss problems.
    Custom built:

Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2
    Athlon XP 2600+
    Thermaltake Silent Purepower 480w PSU

If I checked one of my USB ports with a multimeter could I answer my own question? If so, do you know which pins? I'll try it out. Doesn't USB run on 5v?
    Well I just checked real quick and got a stable 5.04/5.05 reading. Looks good to me...
    Where are you taking the measurements ? Are you taking it at the reader ? Is it while the card is being accessed ?

Pinning

Signal
    Color
    Pin

+Data
    Green

-data
    White

VCC
    Red

GND
    Black
    Last edited by dlbrummels; 06/28/2004 at 07:00 AM.
    No... I stuck the pins into a USB extension cord attached to one of my USB ports with nothing running on it. I stuck it on the far left and far right pins and got a reading.
    I purchased a Sandisk 128 card and have had nothing but problems with my T600 since. The screen continuously freezes up, the screen did this weird vertical line fading thing, and now my phone constantly soft resets itself. Any advice would be appreciated.

Layand
    layand
    My Sandisk ULtra II 512 MB has worked perfectly from day one, so they are not all bad. Speed is great too. I like it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123