Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
       #1  
    Has any one with a sprint Treo been experiencing extended shut down (power down sequences) when turning wireless mode off? Lets say I have used a program that uses the Internet connection like blazer, verichat ect. While using the apps my connection arrows are "green". When I exit the app they go from green to gray (signifying a "dormant" connection). Now with connection arrows "gray" I go to power my phone off (shut wireless off), this is where my phone will "hang" on sprints good-bye screen. It will take a 1-minute or so for my phone to power off??? Before the upgrade, my phone would power of in 1 to 2 seconds!

    Has any one else seen this or have any idea what is causing this?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  2. #2  
    VERY long shut down times. (2 minutes give or take) I've seen several other people say the same thing.
  3. #3  
    Ive actually noticed the opposite since my upgrade. Before the upgrade it would take about 30 seconds just to launch blazer even after I cleared cache, cookies, history, did a hard reset. And it would take a minute or so to turn off the wireless connection. After I did the upgrade everything went back to normal.
  4. #4  
    I have exactly this annoying problem. It happens when I get on an airplane and have to shut off the wireless phone for flight and to prevent the phone from using up the battery searching for a connection during the flight. Real pain in the **** and only came after the upgrade.
    JON
  5. #5  
    After the upgrade I'm seeing a 30 - 90 second delay/hang/lockup when leaving SPCS digital coverage - not when shutting down wireless mode (which I never do), but when moving from SPCS to Roaming - which is essentially the same thing I suppose. The delay seems to happen after I've established a Vision/data connection.

    If nothing else, it's taught me patience!
  6. #6  
    pretty much the same thing here... after the upgrade I am seeing long shutdown sequences and overall a less stable os. still would not say I regret the upgrade, but I would not call it flawless either.

    -rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  7. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    The delay seems to happen after I've established a Vision/data connection.
    This is exactly what I am talking about! I spoke with customer service and he told me I need to re-flash my phone. I am going to give it a shot and let you all know the outcome!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  8. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
       #8  
    bump
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Has any one with a sprint Treo been experiencing extended shut down (power down sequences) when turning wireless mode off? Lets say I have used a program that uses the Internet connection like blazer, verichat ect. While using the apps my connection arrows are "green". When I exit the app they go from green to gray (signifying a "dormant" connection). Now with connection arrows "gray" I go to power my phone off (shut wireless off), this is where my phone will "hang" on sprints good-bye screen. It will take a 1-minute or so for my phone to power off??? Before the upgrade, my phone would power of in 1 to 2 seconds!

    Has any one else seen this or have any idea what is causing this?
    I think it's the infrastructure - time to use ##33284
    Log the antenna bank numbers (Active PN)
    If you have reason to question what you are seeing -
    Call Sprint Trouble Dept. 1-866-273-2163
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    This is exactly what I am talking about! I spoke with customer service and he told me I need to re-flash my phone. I am going to give it a shot and let you all know the outcome!
    That's their canned answer for everything. I wouldn't expect "re-flashing" to fix anything.
    This problem happens to me too, and probably most Sprint users judging by the number of threads regarding this lately. Same thing will happen if you go into preferences, then choose "disconnect" in the network menu.
  11. frydog's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #11  
    I have noticed this problem as well. It does not happen all the time but sometimes it takes 2 min to shutdown the wireless mode.

    Sometimes it just reboots.

    I would like to find a solution to the problem. Whether or not its a re-flash or not.
  12. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
       #12  
    Well, I reflashed the firmware, and that didnot work! So I am starting to get mad!!!

    Does anyone have any ideas? I am getting a new phone wed from sprint. I am sure it will have the old firmware....I am wondering if I should upgrade it or keep the old firmware????

    Somting needs to be done! Has anyone contacted palmone yet?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Well, I reflashed the firmware, and that didnot work! So I am starting to get mad!!!

    Does anyone have any ideas? I am getting a new phone wed from sprint. I am sure it will have the old firmware....I am wondering if I should upgrade it or keep the old firmware????

    Somting needs to be done! Has anyone contacted palmone yet?
    ==> Your problem is not "location-specific"?
    ==> Problem is constant
    • all locations ?
    • all signal levels ?
    • all cell sites ?
  14. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
       #14  
    Bump :-)
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....

Posting Permissions