1.    #1  
    See
    Attached Images Attached Images
    do you have the CDMA TREO or GSM TREO?
    I was just thinking that there was an improvement in the camera after the update. Not sure, but quality SEEMS to be better.?
    RJuhl
    Attached is most recent photo with the Treo 600 - don't see where it is too bad. Maybe it has been improved with the upgrade?
    RJuhl
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    The first bad picture is user fault. no one ever said this was a good camera, but you should know by now that in low light it won't take a good pic.
    I find you get the best indoor pics immediately after you engage the camera. When the blue dots or noise begins to appear I go to the pic lists then back to the camera.

Attached is an indoor pic I took last night at my son's graduation. (Also had my Canon digicam on hand)
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 05/22/2004 at 06:39 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    The camera is what it is. This is not a high quality camera but will take a decent picture on the fly of you don't have a good digital camera with you.
    The following pic was taken in very low lighting (in a museum) and looks pretty good considering....
    Forgot to mention that these were taken post FW upgrade.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Here is one that was taken outside and looks pretty damn good!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    And finally here is one taken with my digital camera which obviously is also using a flash. Yeah it looks much better but all considered!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    The Treo camera is as good as any other phone camera, even those with night-time mode, with the exeption of Nokia's.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    The firmware update had nothing to do with the camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    The firmware update had nothing to do with the camera.
    I beg to differ - I had a real bad blue dot problem before the upgrade - now its gone.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    the firmware hellps a little with the blue dots ...
    the main reason fo the blue dot is depending on the CCD of the camera i suppsoed
    how the ccd reacts to lightings. ...

some ccd might respond better .. some might respond to blue dots ..
    so it all depends on which treo has better CCD .. thats all ..
    its luck .. i got a FULL BLUE screen on my first treo .. changed it for new one ..
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I think you guys are imagining it.

Trust me, they definitely would have advertised a camera fix if one existed. To be honest I doubt any software level "fix" would help. I think it's a hardware limitation that causes the blue dots.
    The improvement was too great to imagine - unfortunately, whenever an upgrade improves something, it doesn't appear to be for everyone.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I've given up on hoping for any kind of high quality image from my Treo camera. As someone said earlier, "it is what it is." Does an ok job in well lighted areas.

The way I look at it is, the picture quality is still better than anything I could draw by hand.
  17.    #17  
    Well software has to help. What about Pickem and pressing S to rid the blue dots?
    For me the firmware update didn't help the camera quality. But some people lost the ability to create long sms but I can still do that.

I guess you win some and you lose some.
    I used to think it was my camera that was so poor, in all actuality it's the screen's rendition of the pic. When I send a picture mail to my friend who has the Toshiba VM4050 (QVGA screen), that screen's rendition of the same pic looks pretty damn good.
    Last edited by Godstyle; 05/23/2004 at 10:11 PM.