1.    #1  
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to thank you all in advance for not making too much fun of me for what is probably a really stupid question (I'm pretty new to this world).

I have a Treo 600, the best investment of my entire life! So far, no problems with the Treo or the AT&T service.

My wife received a Kyocera 7135 as a present. Now comes what may be a very silly question. What happens when I download her operating disc on to our computer, where I already have my Treo downloaded. Will her version of the Palm desktop try to beat up my version? Will all of the downloaded software native to her phone stay away from my stuff? How do I best do it to avoid any problems?

Thanks.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    You need to use the Treo PD to get all the features of your Treo like the pic conduit etc. I don't know much about the 7135 desktop though so I can't comment on whether it will funtion properly on the Treo desktop ...sorry...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    deadhead ~ I don't expect you will have any problems or conflicts

Windows 2000 / WIndows XP - Currently Backup & Maintain w/o problems:
    • Garmin iQue 3600 (4 units) => map key fully functional
    • Tungsten W
    • Treo 600 (3 units)
    Each unit has regular firmware / software / desktop upgrades.

Unique Palm OEM Desktop versions have dedicated Filespec & Location:
    • Garmin iQue 3600 - Voice Record, GPS, Map Functions, Palm OS 5.xx
    • Tungsten W - Photos, Voice Record. Web Pro, Palm OS 5.xx
    • Treo 600 - Sprint BC, Blazer, Sounds, Phone, SMS, OS 5.xx
    You must assign unique name for each device.

Regarding your Kyocera 7135 - I assume Palm OS v4.xx. Backup Palm of OS v3.xx device to Desktop v5.xx for purpose of data archive and file copy - conflict or problems. Treo 600 Desktop supports prior Palm OS iterations.

Good Luck - let us know how it goes for you - ArcBody
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your help.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    Deadhead ~
    Are you sync'ing your Treo 600 and Kyocera 7135 on the same computer?
    Using Palm Desktop v 4.1 that came with your Treo 600?
    Any problems?
    Thanks ~ ArcBody