1.    #1  
    I want to load my Treo 600 with a large text file (a book ms.). I don't know how to make a file that's readable in Palmreader or Mobipocket, and they won't read a .txt file or one that's masquerading as a .prc file (which won't even install). How can I read the .txt file, which was installed to the SD card but doesn't even show up?
    Try iSilo. It shouldn't have a problem with a text file.
    SiEd will open text files and even edit them. Its free too.

iSilo can read native text files or complete compressed webpages offline.

ZLauncher includes a text file reader.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Alex and Third. iSiloX did a good job on the .txt version and a better one on the .html (as produced by WordPerfect for Windows 10).
    Getting a decent html version to include footnotes is still a problem for WP. Can iSilo even open footnotes?
    I haven't got to SiEd yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahad
    I want to load my Treo 600 with a large text file (a book ms.). I don't know how to make a file that's readable in Palmreader or Mobipocket, and they won't read a .txt file or one that's masquerading as a .prc file (which won't even install). How can I read the .txt file, which was installed to the SD card but doesn't even show up?
    Checkout a freeware app called VFSi. It can view/edit txt files off the expansion card. A very nice and FREE alternative to isilo imo..

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions