1.    #1  
    Is there a way to use the treo 300 with my computer modem to hook up and surf the net?

Chris
    Look for PDANet for Windows or WirelessModem for Mac.
  3.    #3  
    I found this program a few minutes ago and it seems to work pretty good. Now I'm just contemplating on signing up for sprint vision for $15/mo.

I wish there was something out there where my phone will only be used as a dialtone (airtime minutes only) to use the moden inside my laptop and get around siging up to sprint vision.

Chris
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Vision is a lot cheaper than using your cellphone to call an ISP (assuming you plan to use more than a few minutes a month).

On the other hand, you can still buy PCMCIA modem cards that are compatible with analog cellphones. Then all you need is the right cable and the right cellphone (but I haven't seen one in a while).
  5.    #5  
    Since I'm in the process of moving and it's going to be 45 to 60 days before I move into my new home I'm going with sprint vision and the use of my cell phone for internet service. Sprint Vision is free for the first 2 months so this is going to be a cool fix for my internet need while I'm in transition.

I will zap a note back on here and let everyone know how it works.

Chris
    Don't worry. You'll love PDANet. There are three of us in our office of mobile sales professionals that would require the ... well, removal of it through our cold dead fingers. It's a tremendous piece of software.
    Tim "SpartanBando" Draeger
    Quote Originally Posted by imolababy
    I wish there was something out there where my phone will only be used as a dialtone (airtime minutes only) to use the moden inside my laptop and get around siging up to sprint vision.

Chris

Careful!! You don't wanna do that! Sprint charges $0.40/minute to dial to a third party ISP outside of vision. Thus it would be alot more expensive than vision!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions