Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avidal
    RobM,
    I have an ATTW phone but it has been unlocked via hacked firmware to use Tmo service. Do you think it would be possible to install the Tmo firmware when it becomes available (likely using the tokenwriter to fool the treo). Will that allow me to use it on Tmo or will the act of changing it make it locked to ATT even with Tmo firmware/software?

-AV
    This will most likely re-lock the phone. What I would do is call TMo and tell them you have a locked phone from ATT. Ask them for the unlock code. They should give it to you (they should), then you can do what you want. Make sure you call them before you upgrade the phone as I am sure this will RELOCK the phone.

I am assuming that when you say "Unlocked...to use the Tmo service" you mean that you are using it on the TMo network and you have a voice plan with them (not a data only plan)

good luck

rob
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    If you bought the phone unlocked, it will stay unlocked, if you unlocked it via hack, it will re-lock after this upgrade.

Thats the rule of thumb.

It will basically revert back to out of the factory unless you have the unlock code for that phone, then who cares

rob
    Thanks Rob. That was what I thought, but wanted to make sure before he updates his phone.
    Jeff
  3.    #23  
    TMO can't give the codes to ATT phones because they don't have them, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $When$ $i$ $ported$ $over$ $to$ $TMO$ $from$ $ATT$, $TMO$ $said$ $I$ $would$ $have$ $to$ $buy$ $a$ $new$ $phone$. $I$ $told$ $them$ $that$ $was$ $unacceptable$ $and$ $that$ $I$ $would$ $simply$ $cancel$ $the$ $port$ $and$ $stay$ $with$ $ATT$ ($yeah$ $right$). $When$ $I$ $threaten$ $to$ $leave$ $TMO$ $and$ $go$ $back$ $to$ $ATT$, $they$ $offered$ $me$ $the$ $option$ $of$ $an$ $unlocked$ $advanced$ $warranty$ $replacement$ $for$ $my$ $locked$ $ATT$, $I$ $thought$ $about$ $it$ $for$ $about$ $a$ $10th$ $of$ $a$ $second$ $and$ $said$ &$quot$;$OK$!&$quot$; $Did$ $not$ $even$ $have$ $to$ $pay$ $for$ $shipping$.
    How do you go about unlocking it, if you do have the code? is there a screen that asks you for it? I am on the phone with Tmo CS right now.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    If they give you the code, they will tell you the keystrokes needed to unlock it. I dont know off hand.

rob
    The SIM unlock code is different isn't it? That is the only unlock code that the CS people had ever heard of. I think that is probably not going to cut it
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    The SIM unlock code is different isn't it? That is the only unlock code that the CS people had ever heard of. I think that is probably not going to cut it
    Thats what your doing, your unlocking the SIM so you can use whatever sim you want.

rob
    RobM - the advice you have given is invalueable! I have tried ATT and Palmone with no progress. I am not sure that the Tmo advice will help, but I spent over 30 min on the phone with them. They asked for the IMEI number on the phone and told me that they would send out the SIM subsidy unlock code. I am not sure that this is what I need - but I think that might be right. Only time and a little experimentation will tell. Thanks.

-AV
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    How can you tell if the phone is locked or unlocked?

Back to my friend: he had an INT version, but had a hot spot on his screen and just got the replacement one from PalmOne. The problem is they sent him one with ATT firmware (he made the mistake of telling them he was on the ATT network and I just found this out when I went to update the new phone). I just updated him with the new ATTW software (it went fine), but now we don't know if this new phone is locked. Are all ATTW phones from PalmOne locked or is there a way to tell whether it is locked or not?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    RobM - the advice you have given is invalueable! I have tried ATT and Palmone with no progress. I am not sure that the Tmo advice will help, but I spent over 30 min on the phone with them. They asked for the IMEI number on the phone and told me that they would send out the SIM subsidy unlock code. I am not sure that this is what I need - but I think that might be right. Only time and a little experimentation will tell. Thanks.

-AV
    Best of luck, glad I could help

rob
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    How can you tell if the phone is locked or unlocked?

Back to my friend: he had an INT version, but had a hot spot on his screen and just got the replacement one from PalmOne. The problem is they sent him one with ATT firmware (he made the mistake of telling them he was on the ATT network and I just found this out when I went to update the new phone). I just updated him with the new ATTW software (it went fine), but now we don't know if this new phone is locked. Are all ATTW phones from PalmOne locked or is there a way to tell whether it is locked or not?

Thanks,
    What service is he on? If he is using someone other than ATT, then the phone is unlocked and not a problem. If he is using ATT, cant tell. You will need to borrow a SIM from another cell provider, put it in, and see if it works. If it is locked, when you put the SIM in, it will tell you that it is locked and cannot be used.

Good luck

rob
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    What service is he on? If he is using someone other than ATT, then the phone is unlocked and not a problem. If he is using ATT, cant tell. You will need to borrow a SIM from another cell provider, put it in, and see if it works. If it is locked, when you put the SIM in, it will tell you that it is locked and cannot be used.

Good luck

rob
    Thanks Rob. He is on ATT, so I guess he needs to borrow a SIM card from someone on another GSM service.

I will let him know.

Thanks again.
    Jeff
    I had upgraded to ROW 3.05 with INT and everything was fine. Wrote AWS with TokenWriter just fine, but updater says ROM is newer on the device and exits. What am I missing? Help
    Last edited by dgelfuso; 05/22/2004 at 12:44 AM.
    so is there a hack yet to unlock the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by brainodo
    Hello,

I used Method A to upgrade to FW 3.04 and when I ran the updater I got a message the said "The updater is not compatible this device" ( that may not be exact but it is close).

Original:
    --------
    AT&T service:
    FW: 2.12
    SW: Treo600-1.11-AWS
    HW: B

So I used token writer "write crnm int" and was able to upgrade.

Now I am trying to install the ATTWS upgrade, so i use token writer to "write crnm aws", but I am still getting the message that the updater is not compatible.

Now:
    --------
    FW: 03.04
    SW: Treo600-1.12/1030/03?????? ( goes off the screen )
    HW: B

What am I missing?

Thanks for the Help!

Capitalize the AWS. It will work and it makes a difference.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I am having trouble getting Tokenwriter to change from INT to AWS. I am doing write crnm AWS and Tokenwriter does its thing and said Successful but after a hard reset it still lists INT. What am I doing wrong?
    use tokenwriter AFTER the hard reset
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Tried that. Still says INT.
    I just updated my locked AT&T phone - so far no problems. It took all of about 10 minutes.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast