1.    #1  
    I can't silence the phone ringer using the volume up/down keys or keyboard when a call comes in and there is no caller id (unknown phone number).

Silencing the ringer works fine when there is a caller id.

This is the 2nd treo I have tested and both did the same thing.

Anyone else know a way to enable the ringer silence using the keys when no caller id??

treo600 cingular gsm updated to 1.12
    not sure right out from the box you could do it. but if you use lightwav, you can assign a Silent.mp3 ringtone to the "no caller id" section.

sorry for not able to help much
    known bug since day one, they haven't fixed it yet (as far as I know).

Bill S
    Same Problem here... Could not answer or cancel call if with the navigational buttons is there is no caller ID... It does not work even with the latest 3.05 firmware.
    [Mid 1990's] Casio SF-7500 > Casio SF-9500 > Casio Planeo NX-6000 - Motorola 5200 > [1998] Palmpilot Pro - Ericsson GH388 > Palm Pilot Pro (2 MB) - Nokia 3210 > Palmpilot Pro (8 MB) - Ericsson GF788e > [1999] Handspring Visor Deluxe - Ericsson GF788e > [2001] Palm IIIC - Motorola V3688 - Nokia 8210 > [2002] Palm 505 - Motorola Timeport P7689 > [2004] Treo 600> [2005]Treo 600-Dell X50v[2006]Treo 650-Atom Pure
    Is this STILL a known problem?

Whenever I get a call with NO CALLER ID, I can't answer it at all. Can't answer it, can't silence it, can't do anything until the phone stops ringing! Very aggravataing!

Anyone found any solutions to this (besides putting a silent ring to No Caller ID #s?)
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    Is this STILL a known problem?

Whenever I get a call with NO CALLER ID, I can't answer it at all. Can't answer it, can't silence it, can't do anything until the phone stops ringing! Very aggravataing!

Anyone found any solutions to this (besides putting a silent ring to No Caller ID #s?)
    this is a known issue with the old firmware. do you have 1000's of contacts? is your treo running firmware 3.05?
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Three minutes ago I silenced my Treo with the volume buttons as I recived an incoming call with no caller ID. I can't remember having any problems doing this for the 9-10 months I have owned a 600 (the current is my second one).

1.12-ROW
    firmware 03.05
    hardware B
    I have Lightwav 3.0 #2004.082 installed.

/Christopher
    Yes, I do have Firmware 3.05 and Hardware B....

I also have about 16,000 contacts on the phone....my company's entire Maximizer database! Could this cause a problem?
    Ah, so I'm not alone. Using Sprint and have similar problem.

Also having trouble answering calls, not all but some.
    anyone?

I would REALLY like to know who it is that is calling me....

Maybe someone to tell me I won the lottery, and they just don't want their number broadcast!