1.    #1  
    I setup RabbIT2 proxy on my linux box. It strips out ads, resizes images to 2% and compresses text. My comcast account has 40kbyte/sec upstream, 400kbytes/sec downstream, so it works pretty fast. I will share the address with first 10-20 people. Preferably T-mo customers, so I don't have to bother with other IP ranges
    Last edited by slvr00gt; 05/21/2004 at 01:14 PM.
    I tried it out in the past and had some issues with it. If you are using Sprint it appears that they are using a upstream transparent proxy which attaches NoProxy and quite a few other things that RabbIT doesn't like to the requests.

I'd love to see if you've had more luck that I did in the past.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600
    I tried it out in the past and had some issues with it. If you are using Sprint it appears that they are using a upstream transparent proxy which attaches NoProxy and quite a few other things that RabbIT doesn't like to the requests.

I'd love to see if you've had more luck that I did in the past.

I have T-mobile and it works great! At this poing I only have T-mobile wireless ip range opened up for proxy in my firewall. When you try to connect, for the first time, it will fail, but I will see your source (as dropped request) in the log file and enable your range.
    I've used RabbIT2 on my Linux box for months with Sprint as my carrier. No problems at all. Maybe you should try again?