Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i tried twice and could not get the upgrade to work. after i downloaded the prc. the following message popped up,"are you sure you want to access this file? the full file name was not displayed." i continued the download anyway and when i tried the first reset the screen would continually go from the palm logo, the cingular icon, and blank. both times this happened and after 15 minutes of this i did hard resets to restore the treo to it's original settings. i used the proper upgrade.
    morris stalk
    I manually deleted the upgrade files from my Palm.
    I did a sync to backup everything.
    I set up a new user name.
    I did a hard reset to erase my Palm's data.
    I installed the upgrade to completion.
    I did a sync to the orginal usr name to restore the data.

Everyhting is fine now.
    Dennis G. Esler
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    what are the upgrade files that you manually deleted from your palm? i cannot get anything to install. thanks for your help, things like this frustrate me.
    morris stalk
    upgrades blow and thats the bottom line.,.... if it aint broke dont fix it!
    Morrie

It was the Cing PRC file.
    Dennis G. Esler
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    thanks for the quick reply. i do not have the cing prc file anywhere. do you notice any change since the upgrade? my treo works so well now i wonder if it is worth it? most people on this board do not notice much difference.
    morris stalk
  7. BGS
    I would also like to know if anyone has really noticed a difference with this upgrade as I am happy with what i got....

Thanx,
    Bruce
    Bruce,
    Treo 600 & 650 / Cingular
    i hate upgrades
    Well the biggest diff obviously was for the ability to use Sound rec and that alone was enough for me to upgrade.
    I as well have had my 600 since it's debue in November for Cingular and never have had one single issue with it. As a matter of fact the very first hard reset I did on the 600 was the other day while preparing to do the FW upgrade!
    I have noticed a quicker log on time to the network when I power up the radio as well as there no longer having "Mr. Flip" bouncing across the screen while searching for the network and gprs connection is faster.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone