1.    #1  
    Is it just me?

I would love to see a voice recorder that has five LARGE buttons on the touchscreen (that I can actually easily press while driving and making a voice note for later) - REC, STOP, PLAY, REW, FF.

There would be a small window above the five LARGE buttons that would show the current WAV file as you cycle through the voice memos using REW or FF.

The current breed of software use tiny buttons that make them difficult to access while driving.

By the way - KUDOS to Infinityballs for the Soundrec app - it's a very positive step.
    If you're driving, you shouldn't be looking down at your phone's screen anyway, regardless of the size of the on-screen buttons. It's a better (and safer) idea to use the 5-way nav since you can do it by feel without taking your eyes off the road. Or even better yet, just wait until you're stopped.

I haven't used any of the voice memo software out there yet, but I'd imagine they're 5-way compatible. If they aren't, then that's a needed feature. Just learn the layout of the buttons and use the nav to get to them.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    I haven't used any of the voice memo software out there yet, but I'd imagine they're 5-way compatible. If they aren't, then that's a needed feature. Just learn the layout of the buttons and use the nav to get to them.
    That would be the best solution. But none of the software I've tested uses the 5-way on the Treo (Audacity, Soundrec, EasyNote). Are there any others?
    Soundrec does and there is a new version just uploaded v 1.03
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by pelican
    That would be the best solution. But none of the software I've tested uses the 5-way on the Treo (Audacity, Soundrec, EasyNote). Are there any others?
    Audacity does also. When you open the app press right twice on the 5 way and youll be recording. Go to menu-Options-Button Setup to see/change the button setup.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    sound rec has a new release and is less complicated then audacity it works great with the 5 way nav button and i have one of my main buttons set to launch it easy to use in a car.

Fred
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    Audacity does also. When you open the app press right twice on the 5 way and youll be recording. Go to menu-Options-Button Setup to see/change the button setup.
    Hmmm. For some reason, the five-way doesn't work with Audacity on my Treo. And I've gone to the Button Setup menu, but no matter what I put to use in the DPAD settings, the five-way does absolutely nothing.
    The older versions of Audacity did not support the navigation pad, but the newer versions do. You can download a new version at no charge. It is much easier than using onscreen control.