Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Cash---

Ooh ok...the one i have was free. I did see the one you have. It looks damn good on the treo with your background.

Here's the one I have (free)...can't remember where I get though...I think it was PalmOneCity.

P.S. You look like a friend of mine named Nigel in Jersey
    Thanks!!!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Check your application (the .zip file). There is a bonus application that comes with Launcher X called AfterSync. It is not installed automatically with Launcher X. It will let you set any application that you want to run after every HotSync.
    I thought AfterSync only launches the app after a hotsync. Or does it also work after a soft reset? I uninstalled AfterSync, so I can't remember if it works for soft resets too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    I thought AfterSync only launches the app after a hotsync. Or does it also work after a soft reset? I uninstalled AfterSync, so I can't remember if it works for soft resets too.
    Duh! You are correct. It only works after a HotSync. Sorry for the confusion.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

- Extra quick access to recently used apps
    - Configurable "start" style menus and sub-menus
    - Launches DAs
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I like the panther z theme....

Where can I find the "panther z theme"

It looks really good. I didn't find it on PalmGear.
    I'm going to buck the trend here and throw my lot behind Launch 'Em. I've used it for years now, ever since my Palm III, largely because it's the only one I could find that will let you launch SmartListToGo databases from the launcher rather than firing up SLTG then selecting a Db. Shame it doesn't seem to be supported any more
    Duh! You are correct. It only works after a HotSync. Sorry for the confusion.
    Hey I have AfterSync and I'm beginging to think that it's female..it works when it feels like
    I have it to launch ZLauncher after I hotsync but sometimes it launches ZL other times it launches the default launcher and sometimes it just does nothing!

I think it has jumbees
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Hey I have AfterSync and I'm beginging to think that it's female..it works when it feels like
    I'm not even going to comment on that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee@Dvddebate
    I'm going to buck the trend here and throw my lot behind Launch 'Em. I've used it for years now, ever since my Palm III, largely because it's the only one I could find that will let you launch SmartListToGo databases from the launcher rather than firing up SLTG then selecting a Db. Shame it doesn't seem to be supported any more
    I was a BIG fan of Launch'em. The fact that it is not supported anymore and therefore had no hope of taking advantage of the Treo600 5 way nav caused me to abandon it. Switched to ZLauncher and never looked back.
    ditto on that I used launchem with all previous palms, but no 5 way support made me switch glad I did.
    I'm not even going to comment on that one...
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    zlauncher.
    it's inexpensive.
    you can customize where you have tabs, if you have tabs, whether the tabs are words or icons or both.
    you can put a different background for each category.
    you can activate long press center button to access the system menu (key feature!), such as copy app, move app to card or to a different category, send to trash, etc.
    I have no need for the stylus when it comes to utilizing zlauncher.

I think my customization is pretty clean and attractive.
    The total package is by far the best.
    I'm playing with Zlauncher and Launcher X trying to decide which to buy...I can't figure out how you set up the tabs in Zlauncher though...any tips?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I'm playing with Zlauncher and Launcher X trying to decide which to buy...I can't figure out how you set up the tabs in Zlauncher though...any tips?
    RTFM
    BTW, Zlauncher has just issued an upgrade to version 4.20...Find it here...http://www.zztechs.com/en/index.php4
    I used LauncherIII and LauncherX on my Palm V, but when I got my Treo I switched to ZLauncher. It's very nice, lots of features, I'm sticking with it.

Mike
    Reading the manual was helpful...thanks for the tip! ;-)

Can someone tell me whether or not the

Previous Tab Button
    Next Tab Button
    Tab List Button

are a function of the theme or whether or not they can be toggled on or off? They seem to be stuck at the top of the list of tabs regardless of what I try to do.

TIA
    Also...is there a way to toggle the color of the "signal bar" strength indicators? I can't figure out which of the color settings controls it.

TIA
    I'm still using Launcher III. Until I come across another tabbed launcher that will completely display large icons in a 3x4 grid I'll stick with it.

It's not entirely 5-way compatible (can scroll through tabs with the 5-way but not select specific programs), but it's not difficult for me to tap the icon with my thumb.
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
    I love Hi-Launcher. really fits nicely with the whole PalmOS user experience. Just a few bugs I think that need to be worked out, and it's quite a bit of work to configure the launcher menu, but the end result is a fast, efficient launcher.
    I followed this thread for a while trying to decide on a launcher and it seemed that the votes scored higher for ZLauncher and considering the $12 vs. $24 for Launcher X, I purchased ZLauncher.

I have been very impressed with its functions and features but VERY DISAPPOINTED with the screen appearance and lack of clarity on the buttons, icons and letters via the themes.

I know most of this is the limitation of the 160x160 resolution of the Treo but the Launcher X (I am testing it now) does have a much cleaner/crisper appearance.

I have downloaded a few of the "themes" from the ZLauncher site and a couple of others that are shareware on PalmGear but cant seem to find one that really looks good compared to the built in Palm OS launcher.

I have a MacOS machine at work and I would love to find a clean/crisp Mac OS theme that looks good on the Treo.

Question: Does anyone know of a source for a GOOD MacOS ZLauncher theme or a site for a theme that just looks really good?

I know there are a lot of ZLauncher users out there and either I just dont have mine tweaked with the right combinations of colors, backgrounds, icons etc. or there are good Treo supported themes I just havent found yet!

Any help appreciated and private E-mail is ok: ChiefBragg@aol.com
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast