1.    #1  
    With the new update now supporting voice recording and capture someone has to make a program that will work with sprints ready link network or a private network for treo 600 users. It would be really cool if the phone beeped when a message is recieved and all u have to do is hit a button to hear it. No missing the call like with Nextel.
    Last edited by doothedeww; 05/20/2004 at 09:08 PM.
    Do a search, this has been discussed inumerable times before. Basically the current version of Treo600 can never be RL compatible b/c it actually requires a specific compatible cdma radio. Thus it is a hardware, ot software issue...

However, there are other PTT solutions including Kodiac's PTT client that is available on Orange's network. Hopefully, some of these will eventually be ported to the Treo600. Also, there have been rumors that the next Treo will be RL compatible...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    umm yah, i have been following it from the beginning. i was just thinking now that voice capture has finally ben enabled that it might be alot easier to make an app. Even if it could only work between treos it would be cool. Also sprint hinted toward Voice Messaging at a local Radio Shack conference. No details yet.
    The Kodiac client, that I stated earlier, is already a Treo-to-Treo PTT client. however, it's only available for Orange. I'm not aware of any server side solutions for Sprint, but I'ld be very skeptical if we'll see any in the near future...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    from what i read off kodiaks web site it seems that it also installs on a bunch of other phones "gsm" only tho. What im thinking is something like a sms that triggers the treo to go fetch the voice memo and store it on your phone till you press the center key on the 5-way. Then to respond all you would have to do is hold down the center key again and when you are finished recording let go and it would get automatically send. If verichat can manage to send instant messages as sms it wouldn't seem to hard to make a voice message feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    from what i read off kodiaks web site it seems that it also installs on a bunch of other phones "gsm" only tho. What im thinking is something like a sms that triggers the treo to go fetch the voice memo and store it on your phone till you press the center key on the 5-way. Then to respond all you would have to do is hold down the center key again and when you are finished recording let go and it would get automatically send. If verichat can manage to send instant messages as sms it wouldn't seem to hard to make a voice message feature.

You know you can sorta duplicate this type of functionality right now yourself. There are several unified mesaging services that offer voice memos as email attachments. If your email service offers sms alerts, then you can configure Treohelper's sms triggers to automatically pull email from you inbox using snappermail. You can then download the voice memos and play them (assuming their wav, mp3 etc). To send memos you would just attach wav files created by soundrec of audacity to the emails...

This is isn't the most elegant or automated process, but it should work. What we really need is a de like thppfft to create an app similar to the Picture Mail Replacement specifically for voice memos. In fact, an even better solution would be for avi's once MovieRec etc starting supporting full audio! That would be really cool imo...

7.    #7  
    If somebody could develop an interface that wasn't extremely clunky, and allowed you to send a message by just clicking on the person you want to send it to it would be great. I run my own mail server so i could even run a domain just for this purpose that has no outside communications so there could be no spam.