1.    #1  
    Not that I am telling anyone anything they don't already know, but I installed the update and everything went fine, I could even log onto the web. Then I received a call. I answered and there was no audio coming out of the handset. I turned on the speaker phone and that worked. I plugged in my ear piece and that worked. Still no audio out of the handset itself. I called Sprint and they said I needed to take it to the store to get it fixed. Once at the store they just shook their heads.

Bottom line, I should have a new phone on Monday. I would stay away from this update….
    anyone else have this problem?
    Since lost sound in the handset has been reported many times in defferent threads before the update, I doubt that's what caused it. Poor timing maybe.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    No problems with the update after I did it five days ago. I think the best advice for someone about to perform the update is to backup the RAM and disable all third party apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fly4u
    No problems with the update after I did it five days ago. I think the best advice for someone about to perform the update is to backup the RAM and disable all third party apps.
    AND make sure your battery is 100% Be paitent and fully charge your Treo first. NOT doing it can cause major problems with the battery sensor, and later can cause the Network Search problem.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    This posting is about a coincident hardware problem - not the updater itself. Just a coincidence.