Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks guys. I got it to work last night. I first got a "general error" but then I followed the palm directions and did a hard reset, created a temp user then ran the upgrade. It then worked great. Then I did another hard reset, selected my old user id and I was back to normal.

The sound recorder stuff is so cool. have fun guys.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    hi millerhifi, you have helped me in the past. i tried the regular cingular upgrade and all i got was loops when i reset the treo.
    i finally went to the palmone hardreset method under another name and the firmware appears to have downloaded, it shows treo600-1.12-CNG
    when i attempt to hot sync to my regular user name, everything tries to install, but when i push the reset the looping starts and nothing is installed. i would appreciate it if you have any solutions.
    morris stalk
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morrie
    hi millerhifi, you have helped me in the past. i tried the regular cingular upgrade and all i got was loops when i reset the treo.
    i finally went to the palmone hardreset method under another name and the firmware appears to have downloaded, it shows treo600-1.12-CNG
    when i attempt to hot sync to my regular user name, everything tries to install, but when i push the reset the looping starts and nothing is installed. i would appreciate it if you have any solutions.
    It sounds like you have the updater in your hotsync. Go into you backup directory and look for the firmware updater. If you see it delete it. Hardreset your device then hotsync again hopefully it will work.

Good luck

rob
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    thanks rob,. i just deleted phone prc. and that solved it.
    morris stalk
    Revently updated to 1.12 INT used token writer. Now want to get new Cingular and am told not compatable with my phone. Under phone info can't read end of firmware string as it is off window field. In token writer "write crnm cng" hit return - says string written but still cingular not compatable.

What am I missing / doing wrong?/

Thanks
    I have tried to upgrade with new software/firmware. I now have new firmware 3.05 but cannot get 1.12 software to load.The last error message I got was "cannot find the operation application". Called PalmOne support and they said to quit trying since it was so new they would get their software people to look at the problem. Any ideas?

John
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    you might go into your backup folder and delete phone prc. it took me hours to attempt to download and install until i read similiar posts with this problem.
    morris stalk
    Update successfull but not without anxiety! Brief history, all w/Cingular: had T270 since release, went thru 3 units till release of T600. Unlocked T600 from Handspring, just replaced yesterday for buzzing and vibrate issues. Installed 3.04 on old unit, update went flawless but had many bugs (freezes, buzzing, email delete cause reboot, etc.), reverted back to 2.12 and still had some freezing issues. New handset came out of box with bluish tint on display (replacement already on it's way). Unit seems to function perfectly in every other way, 2.12/1.11. Performed 3.05 update early this morning. Got "general error" message as reported in Palms FAQ after first sync. Had to use the hard reset/new user method (I suspect because unit memory was near capacity after sync). Went fine after that. Still has cingular branding when turning phone on or off. Phone is still unlocked, tried AT&T sim. Just downloaded voicerec and movierec and both worked first time. Will update in a few days...
    Last edited by CharterTreoUser; 05/22/2004 at 01:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abacusnw
    Revently updated to 1.12 INT used token writer. Now want to get new Cingular and am told not compatable with my phone. Under phone info can't read end of firmware string as it is off window field. In token writer "write crnm cng" hit return - says string written but still cingular not compatable.

What am I missing / doing wrong?/

Thanks
    cng must be CNG

rob
    Phone.prc:

I just did the update and every time I turned wireless on, it reset itself. I found out it was the aqua phone.prc I had installed. Does anyone have a version of the "Aqua" phone.prc that works with the new upgrade? And if so, could you post it here?

Thanks,
    Don
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkav
    I have tried to upgrade with new software/firmware. I now have new firmware 3.05 but cannot get 1.12 software to load.The last error message I got was "cannot find the operation application". Called PalmOne support and they said to quit trying since it was so new they would get their software people to look at the problem. Any ideas?

John
    Morris,

Thanks for your help but I did not have "phone.prc". Any other ideas?
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    robm in post #23 on this page suggested the firmware updater in your backup folder. if you see it, delete it. i see his name all over this board and he seems to be an expert with this upgrade. you might want to contact him directly from this board.
    morris stalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Don C
    Phone.prc:

I just did the update and every time I turned wireless on, it reset itself. I found out it was the aqua phone.prc I had installed. Does anyone have a version of the "Aqua" phone.prc that works with the new upgrade? And if so, could you post it here?

Thanks,
    Don
    Check this thread out:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...highlight=aqua
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    I noticed something odd when updating 2 identical T600s. The whole process went without a hitch (I chose to install the Cing Updater onto my SD card, then after a HotSync to back everything up, I hard reset the T600, copied the updater into RAM, ran the updater, deleted it from the SD card [and made sure it was gone from RAM], then did the 2nd HotSync to restore everything). However, on one of the 2 flashed units there is a small (6k) locked app titled _Cingular (there is a space in front of the C so it appears first in the list). This does not appear on the other unit. It also does not appear in the Backup files (assume that this is in ROM). Both T600s work fine, and show the same Cingular branding on radio power up. It's no biggie, but I wonder what this is for.
    Question...I bought my t600 from palmone its the unbranded factory unlocked version. I am a cingular customer, and I am wondering if there is any extras in the cingular firmware as apposed to the "other carriers" firmware that I am running?? Some extra tweeks that allow the t600 to preform better on the cingular network??

Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by waxhawsam
    Question...I bought my t600 from palmone its the unbranded factory unlocked version. I am a cingular customer, and I am wondering if there is any extras in the cingular firmware as apposed to the "other carriers" firmware that I am running?? Some extra tweeks that allow the t600 to preform better on the cingular network??

Thanks!!!
    I ran the ROW firmware when it came out.
    Late last week I switched to the CNG firmware.
    I can't see any differences.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i just want to thank you mvt for mentioning the phone prc. after 5 hours of trying things i saw your post and deleted it and everything was fine.
    morris stalk
    I tried updating my Treo 600 to Updater 1.12 and received the error:

"The updater is not compatible with this device."

When I researched the solution, it stated that it usually means that I'm installing the wrong version 600 Updater for my device. I use Cingular, and I am installing the Cingular version of the Updater.

They also ask if you switched carriers--if you acquired your Treo from one wireless service provider and are now using it with a different updater. If so, then you need to download the verson for the provider who originally had your Treo 600.

Well, interesting, I have a REFURBISHED Treo 600 since I dropped and broke my original Treo 600. I would have no idea what wireless service provider the previous owner had.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie
    I tried updating my Treo 600 to Updater 1.12 and received the error:

"The updater is not compatible with this device."

When I researched the solution, it stated that it usually means that I'm installing the wrong version 600 Updater for my device. I use Cingular, and I am installing the Cingular version of the Updater.

They also ask if you switched carriers--if you acquired your Treo from one wireless service provider and are now using it with a different updater. If so, then you need to download the verson for the provider who originally had your Treo 600.

Well, interesting, I have a REFURBISHED Treo 600 since I dropped and broke my original Treo 600. I would have no idea what wireless service provider the previous owner had.

Any thoughts?
    Phone->Menu->Options->Phone Info
    Look what it says for the Software. Cingular phones have CNG somewhere on that line. Generic phones have INT. You likely have INT...in which case the easist thing to do is use the updater for the rest of the world.
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    So what if you did have ROW software but wanted to try the cingular software, could you use tokenwriter to make the cingular software work??
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast