1.    #1  
    I've read post on treo phone cases, from the Bellagio treo phone case that arrived with the lower half of the case too small to fit around the bottom edges of the treo. To the seidio holster that, over time, is an accident waiting to happen (chip treo's side/ drop treo/lose sd card)... Then we have the innopocket case that requires an additional clip because the one that comes with it isn't crafted very well and seems to break. Also its very ackward to use the keyboard while its in the metal case.

Is there a good case that anyone seems to not have problems with? Preferably a good form-fitting case that has easy access to the keyboard and screen? AND MOST OF ALL, A CASE THAT DOESN'T COVER THE MIC OR RECEIVER HOLE! Has anyone tried the treo 600 clear screen protectors? Do they work as advertised?
    Last edited by Treo600Sprint; 05/23/2004 at 03:58 PM.
    I hear that there may be a new Rubber Treo 600 case on the horizon. It may be similar (in some ways) to this:- http://www.bellagiodesigns.com/showcategory3.php/22

Scroll to bottom of page.
    "I see dead pixels..."
    Krussel (a Swedish company) makes brilliant cases, including for the Treo 600. I recommend them.
    If you've got the buck$, it's hard to beat the Vaja i-Volution. It fits the Treo like a glove. All the holes, slots, etc. line up and it looks great. Vaja's customer service was excellent on my order. The lower-priced black i-Vols go in and out of stock, so you need to check the Vaja website every couple of days if you want a non-customized case.

http://www.vajacases.com/home_en.html

EdK
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    I like my Piela Frama case. Form fitting with the exception of the flap over the screen, which I like for protection. All ports and speakers available. I use a Boxwave screen protector on the screen also. It was easy (for me) to install and works quite well.
  7.    #7  
    The vaja case is by far a great case... I'm sure someone can design a useful case for less than $100!
    yes, Vaja HA42 for me. Over 100$, but far nicer than the many I tried (Piel Frama, and others).

Brian
    Take a look at this, TreoBits Forum Topic, for a list of most of the cases available for the Treo.
  10.    #10  
    I believe I'll bite the bullet and purchase the vaja i-volution w/clip case... it looks like a quality case and the belt clip looks of high quality construction. Guess I'll take the $100 plunge... (darn shame someone couldn't make something as simple as a cell case that's of good design similar to the vaja i-volution case, for less than 100 bucks!)
    Last edited by Treo600Sprint; 05/23/2004 at 03:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    After having virtually every case know to man, I have decided to go without one. Everytime, I would take my phone out of it's case I would thing, Man that's a good looking phone! Then back in it's case to fall back into anonymity. I came to recognize that using a case on my treo was akin to my grandmother leaving the plastic on the furniture. Yeah, it prolongs the beauty and life of your stuff, but what good is it if you never really enjoy it the way it was meant to be? So I went out and got some egrips and now am enjoying my "brand new" stunning phone. Sure, it's going to begin to show a little wear and tear, but by the time it has lost it's previous glory (year or two). It'll be time to move on to the next stunning device.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I want a case that covers the screen, since I often toss it in my purse and I don't want the screen to get scratched up.

The Vaja HA42 looks like it would cover the speaker when closed, so that rings are muffled. Is that true?
  13.    #13  
    More so than to preserve beauty, I just need one for in-case use to clip on and off my belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    After having virtually every case know to man, I have decided to go without one. Everytime, I would take my phone out of it's case I would thing, Man that's a good looking phone! Then back in it's case to fall back into anonymity. I came to recognize that using a case on my treo was akin to my grandmother leaving the plastic on the furniture. Yeah, it prolongs the beauty and life of your stuff, but what good is it if you never really enjoy it the way it was meant to be? So I went out and got some egrips and now am enjoying my "brand new" stunning phone. Sure, it's going to begin to show a little wear and tear, but by the time it has lost it's previous glory (year or two). It'll be time to move on to the next stunning device.
    I agree...I have a very nice Bellagio case...but the treo feels and looks better without a case....and thanks to the seido holster my treo has taken so many drops and scratches its not even funny....but it's still ticking and looking good. So, I've gone caseless with only a screen protector and stick the phone in my pocket...until the next version of the TREO.
    PattiB, the sound from a Treo 600 emanates from the rear through the speaker, so that there is no loss of sound. Vaja puts a screen mesh in that location too, so that there is absolutley no loss of sound.

I love my case. Vaja's cases are by far the most well crafted. And most expensive, but there is a good reason for it.

Brian
    Quick question for those of you with the Vaja HA42 flip case.

I sent an email to Vaja and they replied that the HA42 is not made for the Sprint version of the T600 due to the autoanswer function on the spacebar.

First off, is this true?

Secondly, what the heck is this spacebar answer function and is it even useful?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoTTyLr
    I agree...I have a very nice Bellagio case...but the treo feels and looks better without a case....and thanks to the seido holster my treo has taken so many drops and scratches its not even funny....but it's still ticking and looking good. So, I've gone caseless with only a screen protector and stick the phone in my pocket...until the next version of the TREO.
    Want to sell the case?
    mrbway@sbcglobal.net if so
    Quote Originally Posted by NJGolfer
    Quick question for those of you with the Vaja HA42 flip case.

I sent an email to Vaja and they replied that the HA42 is not made for the Sprint version of the T600 due to the autoanswer function on the spacebar.

First off, is this true?

Secondly, what the heck is this spacebar answer function and is it even useful?

Thanks in advance!
    If you press the space bar while a call is coming in it answers the call. This can be a problem with flip style cases. The front flap presses down on the space bar causing incoming calls to be answered as soon as the come in.

However, this is now fixed with applications like "Phone Guard" and "Butler." So if you like this case, don't hesitate in getting it. Just make sure you also get an application that disables the space bar answering calls feature.
    lgreenberg -

Thanks so much for the reply. I think I will just go ahead and get the Vaja cover as well as the software you suggested.

Is one of those 2 software options better?