Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Call Notes, a Treo 600 phone application, keeps multiple phone call logs -- one for each contact in your address book, stored in the contact''s note field. Call Notes lets you:

• View phone call history by person rather than by time, simply by looking at a persons contact entry in the address book.
    • Add your own information to call entries by inserting text in the notes field adjacent to a call log entry.

For all calls to and from a contact, Call Notes shows the call date, time and duration.

View call logs both on your Treo in the Contacts application and on your PC with Palm Desktop or Microsoft Outlook.

Download at www.handwave.com.

Jim Anderson
    Handwave
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    sounds like something I could use. could I get a prc emailed or posted here? my blazer browser is having issues with zip files lately. (off topic but does anyone know how to fix this?)
    thank you!
    Is there anyway you can make the software delete all the entries that it has added? Once it copies it's call logs to the address book database there does not seem to be anyway to get them out.
    The software is a nifty idea to have, but I'm unsure if I want to keep it - now I have to force hotsync to overwrite my address book db with my backup one to remove all the call history from my address book.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  4.    #4  
    "Is there anyway you can make the software delete all the entries that it has added? Once it copies it's call logs to the address book database there does not seem to be anyway to get them out."

Good point miradu -- I'll look into adding that.

Jim
    I checked this out today - it looks good. I bill my time and can use this program to help keep track of when I call certain people.

I agree with Miradu's suggestion about an uninstall feature. If I didn't need the program's functionality, I'm not sure I want the extra info in my contact notes.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    what about adding the functionality to Only store call notes by which categories of contacts I choose?

For instance, I want to log notes on my business contacts but maybe not on my personal?

Also, knowing the limitations on Palm of how much data you can store in a contact, what happens when the field is full? Does the oldest entry purge automatically?
  7.    #7  
    "Also, knowing the limitations on Palm of how much data you can store in a contact, what happens when the field is full? Does the oldest entry purge automatically?"

The Palm OS/conduit limits notes (on Treo 600 at least) to 4K bytes. Call Notes truncates older calls, if necessary to be under 4K. That's enough for ~ 160 calls.
    Another question, is there a way to export the notes out of the notes field? It would be great to be able to export the notes to a txt or doc file on the PC...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'm looking for a product that will allow me to notate certain calls. I bill my company for work calls made on my personal cell phone, so every month I go through the log since sprint doesn't provide any details on incoming calls. I have to then figure out if an unfamiliar call (ie: not in my contacts database) is in fact a work call or a person one. Sometimes the only way to determine that is to call the number and see. It would be nice if i could pop into the call log after the call is completed and put a "non-work" or "work" comment. Likewise, I sometimes call a work associate on personal business. Again, if I could note this, it would simplify my monthly reconcilliation. Any ideas? Will this product meet that need?

thanks!
  10.    #10  
    catlook,

Call Notes only helps with calls to/from people in the contacts database. For those, simply edit the note for the contact (this contains the call log) to describe a call as "work" or "non-work".

Jim
    catlook - I think a company called Natara (http://www.natara.com), makes a product that fits your needs. They offer Comet, which is a windows based desktop call log analyser, and then that integrates with another peice of software they sell caleld DayNotez that lets you make instant notes on each of the calls. Browse their site and take a look to see if their stuff works.

While I do not have a use for their products, I have liked the people at that company, and the products that they have produced. Good Luck!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Been using Call Notes for the last few days and must admit that it works very well. Exchanged a few eMails with the author and glad to report that he was very receptive to a couple of ideas I sent.

I am running a beta of his next release and it is working great with some added functionality.

Good software, works great and a good developer behind the app.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  13.    #13  
    Call Notes 1.1 released at www.handwave.com.

As Miradu and others have suggested, a "Delete Log Entries" menu item has been added. This deletes all contact log entries, to restore contacts to their original state.

Jim
    Now that I have used it ... a really super cool useful thing would be how the note is formated!

I live and die in Agendus... they do meetings and store them in a format in the contact note field too. If your format could match the Agendus format then I can pull a history from Agendus. This would be really ... really handy.

Thank you,

Derek
    I wish that NO LOG be created for 0 second entries - calls that were either missed, or where the contact party did not answer.

Still waiting for the choice to log call notes by category - I want to log for my business accounts, but not for my personal ect....

Also waiting on the option to choose how the log is formatted. For me, I don't need the time and seconds, I just want the date. Should be a user definable option.
    I like this product a lot, my call history even shows up in office xp. This app Callnotes with Minutes Plus help me track my minutes and call details.
    I installed v1.0 after downloading it this week from another site. I want to delete the logs from the memos, but my version doesn't do that. Can I just upgrade to v1.1 and use its deletion feature, or is there another way? If I upgrade, do I just delete v1.0 using the Treo apps deleter before installing v1.1, or some other way? Thanks for helping me clean this up.
    what if you have text already in the note field (such as a second address or some other descriptive info "met at john's party"?

will callnotes delete these? will it add it's info AFTER these or before?
    - ag47
    callnotes doesn't delete the existing notes. It just adds to the notes.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    It adds the stuff BEFORE the text in the memo.
    So it pushes it down until it eventually disappears when the memo limit is reached.
    It happend to me! I reported this to the developper. He acknowledged it released 1.1 with the sam problem!!

So I stopped using it.

Manfred
    --
    Manfred
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast