1.    #1  
    I'm not sure what the problem is, but after charging my phone for over 8 hours last night, it had only progressed to about a 78% charge. When i had gone to sleep, it was at 30% or so. This has now been happening all the time, when a full charge used to be complete in a couple hours.

At first I thought maybe it was stuck at 78%, but slowly it did progress up. I also tried a soft-reset, but didnt change the problem.

I seemed to notice this happening after I installed the new Sprint 1.20 update. Anyone else had this problem or is my Treo 600 unit ruined?

Thanks
    It could be a glitch in the battery sensor or charging circuit. Try doing a soft reset while it is plugged in. This may re-initilize the charging circuit.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    The problem with the battery your having occurred with me after the first update. My phone took hours to charge. Within a month I started getting frequent network searches. Eventually sprint exchanged the phone. Now, when I did the first update I didn't charge my battery all the way as instructed, maybe that is a cause. Did u charge your battery all the way prior 2 doing the update?
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    It sounds like you are about to experience the dreaded "Network Search" errors. Take your phone in to your nearest Sprint store and have them run a HP Test. You probably need a new unit.
  5.    #5  
    The soft reset with it chargign seems to have solved the prolem.

I dont think i've noticed the network searches you've referred to. When that happens is it brief just for a few seconds. I'm guessing i probably would have noticed.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    For reference, the official word on the In Cradle Reset
    My battery was instantly draining to 80% after a full charge and falling into the red after moderate use. I thought it might have been a failing battery, or a recent firmware update, but after resetting it while plugged into power, it appears to be fine again.

In-Cradle Reset Instructions
    Last edited by zachleber; 10/07/2004 at 06:10 AM. Reason: formatting of URL