1.    #1  
    I would like to know if it is possible to view an image captured by the camera with another application directly without syncing to PC and than downloading the same picture back to treo in order to view it by other applicatin (e.g. Photo Suite by MGI).

Does anyone have any idea if it possible to do it?

I use RescoView to view jpg files stored on my SD card - this can be photos taken by the Treo 600 and 'Save'd to the card, files transferred from a PC via HotSync, files copied using my USB SD reader (much faster than HotSync) or (sexiest of all) photos taken on my Kodak DX7630, which uses an SD card.

In theory, RescoView can also view Treo camera photos stored in RAM (i.e. not transferred onto the SD card), but I have yet to figure out how.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmwmtd
    I use RescoView to view jpg files stored on my SD card - this can be photos taken by the Treo 600 and 'Save'd to the card, files transferred from a PC via HotSync, files copied using my USB SD reader (much faster than HotSync) or (sexiest of all) photos taken on my Kodak DX7630, which uses an SD card.

In theory, RescoView can also view Treo camera photos stored in RAM (i.e. not transferred onto the SD card), but I have yet to figure out how.
    myAlbum can do this. it has a feature where it can export all the pictures that you have captured into individual jpgs to the card. check it out www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    myAlbum can do this. it has a feature where it can export all the pictures that you have captured into individual jpgs to the card. check it out www.toysoft.ca
    RescoView (as I suspect most apps of its type do) has a tree showing various categories. A couple of these are specifically described as for viewing photos taken by the Treo 600 camera stored in RAM, but as yet, these branches are always empty. Not that I'm too concerned as I either view these pictures with the camera app, or simply transfer them to the card, where they are safer, anyway.
    RescoViewer shows pictures in RAM for me. Try re-installing or upgrading?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by xkchaos
    I would like to know if it is possible to view an image captured by the camera with another application directly without syncing to PC and than downloading the same picture back to treo in order to view it by other applicatin (e.g. Photo Suite by MGI).

Does anyone have any idea if it possible to do it?

If your digicam uses a SD card, all you need is a third party app like Resco, myAblum, Acimd Image, etc as others have mentioned to view the images on the card. Unfortunately the builtin Treo Picture viewer cannot do this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    RescoViewer shows pictures in RAM for me. Try re-installing or upgrading?
    I have just checked a number of applications for upgrades, and found that I was running RescoViewer 1.30. The latest version (1.70.3) does properly support Treo camera pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    If your digicam uses a SD card, all you need is a third party app like Resco, myAblum, Acimd Image, etc as others have mentioned to view the images on the card. Unfortunately the builtin Treo Picture viewer cannot do this...
    I have to disagree with that. The built-in picture viewer does look in a specific folder on the external card for the picture (\DCIM), but if you copy any JPEG picture into this folder (as I have just done), whether taken with the Treo camera or (in this case) taken with my old 4 MegaPixel Kodak DX4900, it will display them. So...

Step 1 - Copy pictures into \DCIM on external card
    Step 2 - Run the camera app
    Step 3 - Choose the picture viewer
    Step 4 - Choose to look on the external card (top right)

All the pictures will be available.

Incidentally, since DCIM is a folder created by most digital camera taking SD cards, you can take your pictures with a decent camera, put the SD card into the Treo, and view the pictures with no copying required. Of course the in-built viewer scales the pictures down for display, and doesn't have zoom, pan, edit etc, so you are better off with a third-party application for this.
  9.    #9  
    Thank you for the information.I do install Rescoview and I can open the pictures captured by the camera(under treo camera/ personal directory).I also like the zoom capability of the s/w.I tried to open some pictures I had in SD card (which had been installed there by another application called Photo Suite) but I could not open them.Then I checked with FileZ and I discovered that these pictures had an .pdb extension so this must be the reason.
    Thank you anyway.