1.    #1  
    Two weeks ago I ordered a Treo 600 from Rogers under their upgrade offer. At the time, I was assured that it was in stock and would be in my hands in 7-10 days. Last week I called to check order status and was told the unit was sitting in the Toronto distribution center just waiting to be couriered to me. Today I call them and (surprise, surprise) my unit is no longer in stock.

Has anyone obtained Treo 600 recently from Rogers either through cust service or from retail outlets (specifically in Vancouver area)?

Thanks, Windy
  2. mcg
    I'm also waiting for Rogers to send me mine so please let me know if you hear anything from them!

Anyways, apparently Pacific Cellular downtown has lots of them in stock - at least that's what they told me when I asked them if they had any idea when Rogers might get some in. Here's the address per superpages:

1199 Pender Street West
    (604) 662-3931

By the way - what upgrade offer?

R.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info on Pacific Cellular. Rogers quoted me $700+$25(admin)-$75 (mail-inrebate) = $650CDN. Said it was for users upgrading from Treo 180 but that could also apply to other models. My 2-yr activation roll-over also occured recently so that may have factored in too. At least I'm not paying the $800-$1000 that I've heard of.

With the phone out of stock in Toronto, Rogers said I could go into any retail store that sold Rogers wireless plans and obtain unit using same upgrade offer. Apparently some retailers have been trying to charge additional service fees, which is improper according to Rogers rep.

Windy
  4.    #4  
    Update :

Went to a Rogers store this am (Pacific Cellular - Surrey) and got the last Treo in stock. Actual cost of upgrade is $635 after mail-in rebate. Because I had an pending order with Rogers customer service, the store had to cancel this first.

So for any Rogers customers waiting for Treos via customer service, this is a viable alternative - find a local store with stock and go there instead.

Windy
  5. mcg
    Rogers is sending me one on warranty replacement so I think that I'm stuck waiting for them <sigh>. I've only been waiting for a week so it seems too early to demand that they buy one back from a retailer for me.

Who knows, maybe if I wait long enough they'll have to send me the new model?!

R.