Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here are a few sample animated GIF files that I am working on to add to my site. (While I try to find a way around the Firmware Upgrade bug and downloading JPG files from my site)

I have not added a section on the site yet. These are a jsut a teaser for what is comming. I am revamping the site to be more streamlined. I want it to run faster!

Anyway let me know what you think of the animations. They are 160x79 (Wide Screen) samples from the Star Wars Trilogy.

<edit> The GIF files are not Treo 600 Compliant! It appears that the Treo & Lightwav do NOT like transperiencies. So I have re-done all the gif files and I have re-placed the attachements here with the fixed ones.<edit>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tavisjohn; 05/19/2004 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Fixed Gif Files.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    Here are a few sample animated GIF files that I am working on to add to my site. (While I try to find a way around the Firmware Upgrade bug and downloading JPG files from my site)

I have not added a section on the site yet. These are a jsut a teaser for what is comming. I am revamping the site to be more streamlined. I want it to run faster!

Anyway let me know what you think of the animations. They are 160x79 (Wide Screen) samples from the Star Wars Trilogy.
    hmmm.. they dont play properly on the Treo but do look great on my Tungsten. are you having any problems on the Treo?
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    It must be a problem transperiencies. I'll re-do the GIF files and try again. (They worked once.... )
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    hmmm.. they dont play properly on the Treo but do look great on my Tungsten. are you having any problems on the Treo?
    I installed "Tieattack" on the Treo and Lightwav 2.1 has a problem playing it back properly. All the whites and hilights go to black. When viewing with RescoViewer all is fine...looks great. I have this problem with lots of gifs and Lightwav.

Russ
  5.    #5  
    It is a transparancy problem. I have JSUT re-done ALL the GIF files and they now work perfectly. I replaced them in the first post. Enjoy!!!

Oh BTW I used the GIF animation too that comes with Jasc PaintShop Pro.
    It is a transparancy problem. I have JSUT re-done ALL the GIF files and they now work perfectly. I replaced them in the first post. Enjoy!!!

Oh BTW I used the GIF animation too that comes with Jasc PaintShop Pro.
    Cool! works great now. Now have add a feature in lwav that will let you choose where to place the animation. wont be too long now for lwav 2.2 with jpg callerID support!
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  7.    #7  
    Please hurry. And yes I am willing to assist you with more beta testing... Like before. (Anything to get things moving along)

The ONLY thing I really would like above the ability to choose GIF location is the ability to preview animations before I assign them...
    thatīs correct! we need a preview of the image! so we will able to avoid unsupported images! Tavis... Keep going and going and going.... Yeah!
  9.    #9  
    Oh yea encourage me... I'll keep them comming.... (And get on Smily88's nerves )

I just had like 5 new ideas... However I'll e-mail them to him and he can do what he wants after that. I do not want to encourage everyone to harass him till he adds "That cool feature that TavisJohn Sudjested".

I have caused him enough trouble.
    Hey Tavis,
    can you tell me what you did to fix the gifs...I have some gifs that turn black in LW also and would like to edit them so that this doesn't happen.
    How do you know when a Gif has transparancy?
    Thanks.
  11.    #11  
    I use a program called JASC Animation Shop. It comes with PaintShop Pro...

When I save the GIF file it automatically runs the Optimized Wizard. These are the settings I use in the Optimization Wizard (These are custome Settings)
    Colors Tab
    Colors: 127
    Create pallette by: Optimized Octree
    Reduce colors by: Error Diffusion
    Optimizations Tab
    (These are checked)
    Remove Non Visible Animation Elements
    Wright Minimal Frames
    Collapse Ideticial Frames

DO NOT CHECK
    Map Identical Pixels to Transparent
    Enable Browser-Specific Optimizaations

That should do it. The app you are using may have simular settings.
    So let me get this straight, the only way to use a gif is with LW?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  13.    #13  
    As far as I am aware there is NO other app that will let you use animated GIF files for caller ID.
    Quote Originally Posted by javzar
    thatīs correct! we need a preview of the image! so we will able to avoid unsupported images! Tavis... Keep going and going and going.... Yeah!
    you can preview already. just that you have to select it first then Play the Video which is kinda annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    So let me get this straight, the only way to use a gif is with LW?
    Actually if you want to use gif as your startup and shutdown screens you can get gifStartup from us too.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    you can preview already. just that you have to select it first then Play the Video which is kinda annoying.
    I was thinking of a Preview button, while you are going through the list of images to assign one for Caller ID....

I am sorry everyone if I just delayed the release of the New version of LightWav.
    I use a program called JASC Animation Shop. It comes with PaintShop Pro...

When I save the GIF file it automatically runs the Optimized Wizard. These are the settings I use in the Optimization Wizard (These are custome Settings)
    Colors Tab
    Colors: 127
    Create pallette by: Optimized Octree
    Reduce colors by: Error Diffusion
    Optimizations Tab
    (These are checked)
    Remove Non Visible Animation Elements
    Wright Minimal Frames
    Collapse Ideticial Frames

DO NOT CHECK
    Map Identical Pixels to Transparent
    Enable Browser-Specific Optimizaations

That should do it. The app you are using may have simular settings.
    Thanks for this, it helped tremendously with the attached (I use animation shop as well).

One thing I noticed, or thought I noticed at some stage... should the animated gif when played also have the phone number (and name) of the person calling somewhere? It looks like the number shows up for a second at the top of the screen then disappears. Changing the size of the gif doesn't seem to make a difference from what I could tell. I'd really like to use my animated gif as a default for everyone when the phone rings but still need to be able to see who's calling

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  18.    #18  
    Good animation!

As I understand it, LightWav places the animation OVER the phone app. So for a moment you will see the default phone app.
    It would be nice to see the phone number of the person that is calling though.
    I have the same issue, however I came to find out that when the person is calling and the gif shows up, if you click on the screen once the gif disappears and then you can see the number as well as the answer or ignore button (basically the default phone app shows up).
    I guess it must be hard to program the gif to do all that.

Hey Smiley, will the new release fix the black that comes over the gifs (tranparancy problem)?

I didn't even know a new version is about to be released...goody....I can't wait
  20.    #20  
    You should know who is calling based on the image...

During the Beta testing fase, it did have a small bar across the screen that had the person's name and PH#. But that made it really unstable.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast