Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not if you have a default gif...
    Sh*t...eveytime I try to run Lightwav it's causing my phone resets...
    I installed PowerRun last night b/c I only had like 1.6M left in my RAM.
    I delete it b/c i didn't like what it did to my palm (it took for ever to run an app).
    I just deleted it...shouldn't whatever changes I made through it go back to normal after I deleted it?
    Could PowerRun be the cause to LW causing resets.
    I'm going to uninstall LW and see if that work.
    Should I just install it on top of the existing one or should I uninstall and reinstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    I was thinking of a Preview button, while you are going through the list of images to assign one for Caller ID....

I am sorry everyone if I just delayed the release of the New version of LightWav.
    Already. Your request has been added. You can now preview jpg, gif and Live! videos before you decide on the selection. also optional displaying callerID info is added.

Tavisjohn - send me email and i will send you the beta.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Thanks for this, it helped tremendously with the attached (I use animation shop as well).

One thing I noticed, or thought I noticed at some stage... should the animated gif when played also have the phone number (and name) of the person calling somewhere? It looks like the number shows up for a second at the top of the screen then disappears. Changing the size of the gif doesn't seem to make a difference from what I could tell. I'd really like to use my animated gif as a default for everyone when the phone rings but still need to be able to see who's calling

Thanks!
    CallerID info option has been added in lwav 2.2.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Sh*t, this PowerRun has caused more trouble than I thought.
    Just about every all my apps creating resets...
    What the heck am I going to do now.
    The manual didn't say anything about transfering back if I was to delete the app.
    Some of those apps I dind't keep a copy of.

I had to hard reset b/c it did the reset loop thing.
    After the hard reset I restore with backupbuddy and I'm still having the same problem.
    I can't believe I'm going to have to reinstall most of these apps.
    The worst yet is that I don't know which are the ones until I try to launch it and cause resets.
    Bummer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    Good animation!

As I understand it, LightWav places the animation OVER the phone app. So for a moment you will see the default phone app.
    Can't take credit for the animation, just the optimization..which I can't really take credit for either since you gave me the settings to use

Smiley88, great to hear about the callerid option for 2.2...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Hey Tavis,
    Question. With Jasc Animation Shop, how can I resize the gifs in a way that it doesn't cut part of it....meaning, how can I shrink a gif?

Some of the gifs are too big for the treo and when I do the settings that you gave me above it just cuts the gif image to 160x160. Is there a way that I can shrink it instead so that the gif's head for exaple is not cut up?
    Thanks.
  8.    #28  
    In Jasc AnimationShop:
    Go to the "Aimation" drop-down menu
    Then go to "Resize Animation"
    Check the "Maintain Aspect Ratio"
    Then either set the "Width" or the "Height" (Whatever is largest) to 160, and let the other one automatically change.

There you are all set...

I just added "Making Animated GIF Files for LightWav" to my list of guides to make for my Treo600 site.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Thanks man...you're a genius.
    Got though to resizing all the gifs to fit 160x160 or less.
    Can't assign them though...I get a reset when I try to assing any to a contact.
    Anyone having the same problem with LW2.2 Beta?
  10.    #30  
    I learned my trial and error with AnimationShop. I am just good at figuring things out.

If you are using an app called "Profiles" you need to dissable the "Active Profile Notifier" It interfiers with the display of the CallerID images.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Nah...nothing like that in my Treo.
    I don't even have the default CallerID set up.
    I disable all of them after I got LW so that it doesn't interfere with LW's CallerID.
    Don't know what's the problem.
    I've emailed Smiley to see if he can help me.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Already. Your request has been added. You can now preview jpg, gif and Live! videos before you decide on the selection. also optional displaying callerID info is added.

Tavisjohn - send me email and i will send you the beta.
    Hey! I want a preview too. Itīs very annoying scroll down all my contact list to see if an assingned gif works!

Can you send me the beta, too. Iīm a registered Lwav user, too.

Anyway, if you canīt, please make the upgrade available soon. Thanks!
    Last edited by javzar; 05/21/2004 at 09:41 AM.
    Hi Tavis,
    can you help me out with this gif.
    It shows fine in my computer but it's super fast in my treo.
    Whenever I preview it in LW I have to soft reset to get out of it cause taping on it doesn't do it.
    I resize her but as far as slowing her down I can't figure it out.
    And the worst is that she's my favorite
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #34  
    Attached is a snipit of a screenshot of AnimationShop.

The highlited section is the frame duration (in 100's of a sec. 100=1 sec 50= 1/2 sec.) It is currently set at 0. That means that the frams will flip as fast as possible. I reccomend a setting of 5 or 10 for most animations. However 20 looks pretty good on this one. But play with the settings and set it to your liking.

You are going to want to do all the frames at once. To do this press [Ctrl] + [A]. Then right click and go to "Frame Properities". To preview how it will play (Aprox) on your Treo you want to go to the "View" drop down menu and choose "Animation" This will play it as the file dictates. When you are done save and place on memory card.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Hi Tavis,
    can you help me out with this gif.
    It shows fine in my computer but it's super fast in my treo.
    Whenever I preview it in LW I have to soft reset to get out of it cause taping on it doesn't do it.
    I resize her but as far as slowing her down I can't figure it out.
    And the worst is that she's my favorite
    Thanks.
    It looks like there is 0 delay set for displaying between frames on your 'Betty Boop'. I think this may translate into no time left for the Treo to detect any pen tap....and no way to get out except for a reset. I remade your 'Betty Boop' added some delay and it plays fine for me know. Just a guess.
  16.    #36  
    That is pretty much what I told him.
    Her! I'm a her! Hahahahaha
    Thanks very much. The manual talks about setting the timing, however if you don't understand from the begining then it's all gibridge in the end.
    I will do the settings.
    All the others play well except for that one.

Thanks once again
    I had to put my pic up...everybody refering to me as a man Hahahaha
  19.    #39  
    I use HIM if I am unsure of gender.

If I was not so tired I would have said her because of the betty boop.
    Hahahaha...not really...I could have been gay
    Hey Tavis I'm trying to send you an email b/c the response to your PM is too long...should i go to your website?
    I don't want to be a bother by asking you for your email
    I don't think you have it listed here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast