Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    does anyone know how i can start to accept/send faxes on my treo device?
    thanks
    You can't.

To receive, you need would be a service that would convert the file to a format you could view on your Treo, Efax etc..
  3.    #3  
    which software is best for the treo, could i get efax on my treo? is it something i need to install or can i just send the fax to my email address or cell phone number and use a certain program to read it?
    thaqanks
    There are a couple of steps that you might go through in order to get the fax to your Treo600. A service like j2.com will allow you to have the fax forwarded to your e-mail account. Then, an e-mail client (which resides on your Treo) like Snappermail (or the default palmone e-mail client) can fetch your e-mail onto your Treo.

You also need a program on your treo that can read the fax. There are probably a few out there, the one I use is called Acid Image This will allow you to view .tiff files, which services like j2 and efax may send.

Quote Originally Posted by cingularguy1234
    which software is best for the treo, could i get efax on my treo? is it something i need to install or can i just send the fax to my email address or cell phone number and use a certain program to read it?
    thaqanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    There are a couple of steps that you might go through in order to get the fax to your Treo600. A service like j2.com will allow you to have the fax forwarded to your e-mail account. Then, an e-mail client (which resides on your Treo) like Snappermail (or the default palmone e-mail client) can fetch your e-mail onto your Treo.

You also need a program on your treo that can read the fax. There are probably a few out there, the one I use is called Acid Image This will allow you to view .tiff files, which services like j2 and efax may send.
    J2 and Efax is the same company.

To get tiff you will have to use the pay service.

Acid Image Pro will view tiff, not Acid Image.

Another alternative is Grxview Pro at half the price, but you"ll have to wait at least to the end of the month, till they fix the Arm plug-ins to work with the Treo properly.
    Also don't forget Photogather which supports Tiff files...and it's only $16 bucks!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks for pointing out that you need Acidimage Pro to view .tiff files, that is quite true. J2 and Efax are owned by the same company but they offer different services and subscription rates, so cingularguy might still want to check them out.

"To get tiff you will have to use the pay service." <---Are you sure about this?

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    J2 and Efax is the same company.

To get tiff you will have to use the pay service.

Acid Image Pro will view tiff, not Acid Image.

Another alternative is Grxview Pro at half the price, but you"ll have to wait at least to the end of the month, till they fix the Arm plug-ins to work with the Treo properly.
    I can't get efax to send more than a coverpage from the Treo. I would like to fax a .doc file from Docs to Go, but it doesn't work - I get the coversheet only. Does this work for anyone?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Try WinFax from Symantec. Your fax machine (or computer) receives the fax and forwards it to your e-mail address. Works good...

"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke."
    Thanks for pointing out that you need Acidimage Pro to view .tiff files, that is quite true. J2 and Efax are owned by the same company but they offer different services and subscription rates, so cingularguy might still want to check them out.

"To get tiff you will have to use the pay service." <---Are you sure about this?
    Yes, otherwise they are .efx, J2's format.
    If you don't mind me asking, what palm photo app do you use to view .tiff files, and have you ever tried to view a .jfx (j2's format) with your palm viewer application? If so, what happens?

Yes, otherwise they are .efx, J2's format.
    I use Acid Image Pro to view in tiff.

I like all the features of Grxview Pro, but won't use it till they get the Treo Arm version fixed.

I really didn't like the use, feel, or interface of Photogather at any price.

Everyone has there preference.

There are so many fax sevices out there, I have had Efax, J2Fax for at least 6 years now.

If there is no registered file type for .efx etc., it just won't open.

I remember seeing a .prc for Efax but it was years ago ?
    Thanks for your response. Have you ever tried just changing the ".efx" to ".tiff" (in properties) and then opeining it up in acid image pro?

I use Acid Image Pro to view in tiff.

There are so many fax sevices out there, I have had Efax, J2Fax for at least 6 years now.

If there is no registered file type for .efx etc., it just won't open.

I remember seeing a .prc for Efax but it was years ago ?
    Thanks for your response. Have you ever tried just changing the ".efx" to ".tiff" (in properties) and then opeining it up in acid image pro?
    If only it was that easy.
    1. J2.com - Free service

2. Use J2.com free account to fwd faxes to your e-mail account

3. Use e-mail app (I use Snappermail) to pull e-mail to your Treo

4. Use acid image pro to view faxes
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Check out Maxemail.com, "lite" plan is $15 a year and you can send or receive faxes from the web or via email, if using email, they can be received as either tiff or pdf format.

http://www.maxemail.com/fax/services_features.html
    Sorry folks, .efx files are *not* simple .tiff's in disguise. I just tried changing the extension on a .efx file, and it wouldn't open in either IRFanView or Photoshop.

There's always PalmVNC; send/receive faxes on your home PC, controlled from your Palm.

Although, if I understand correctly, the Treo 600 does use something like modem technology...I would suspect that someone could create an application to do this.

Nareau
  19.    #19  
    okay, so i signed up for j2 fax and it goes to my treo email, but the message is truncated and it does not give me tha attachment. i assume that acid image pro takes the place of j2 messeneger for the plam, but why is my atachment not going through?
    thanks
    Have you tried this with a .jfx file (jfax), what happens? I use this in conjunction with snappermail and acid image pro, for free incoming faxes that I can view on the T600.

Quote Originally Posted by nareau
    Sorry folks, .efx files are *not* simple .tiff's in disguise. I just tried changing the extension on a .efx file, and it wouldn't open in either IRFanView or Photoshop.

There's always PalmVNC; send/receive faxes on your home PC, controlled from your Palm.

Although, if I understand correctly, the Treo 600 does use something like modem technology...I would suspect that someone could create an application to do this.

Nareau
    This looks like a pretty reasonably priced service, does it work well?

Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    Check out Maxemail.com, "lite" plan is $15 a year and you can send or receive faxes from the web or via email, if using email, they can be received as either tiff or pdf format.

http://www.maxemail.com/fax/services_features.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast