Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i love palmpuke hahahah. hilarious
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    rossoneri -- GREAT team canada logo--- i was in TO last week for the World Cup Championship -- GO CANADA GO!
    SolFree Solitaire (great graphics)
    Pyramid Sollitaire by Seahorse
    Cave Run (addicting... how far can you go?)
    HMaki (very addicting)
    Banoo... what's that smell?
    Oh, forgot about these.
    Free Jongg
    Jump Wire (similar to Plumber Pete)
    QSet
    MoePaint
    FileZ
    Banoo... what's that smell?
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras
    rossoneri -- GREAT team canada logo--- i was in TO last week for the World Cup Championship -- GO CANADA GO!
    thanks. too bad that's all the hockey we'll see for about 2 years because the millionaire players wants more money. one thing is for sure - i won't spend any more money on these morons.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    bump. keeping a good thread alive.
    I like nomoremp3trick - it allows me to sync/download files even if there is no "applicaiton" registered to handle it - e.g. mp3.

found here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilitie...mp3trick.shtml

I also like BrightCam - it adjusts screen and keyboard lighting based on ambient light readings from camera.

found here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/brightcam.shtml
    "I like nomoremp3trick - it allows me to sync/download files even if there is no "applicaiton" registered to handle it - e.g. mp3.

found here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utiliti...emp3trick.shtml"

jrd, I think I understand what this free app does, but could you further explain. Does this app synch these files (e.g. Mp3 files) if they are already on your sd card to your PC when you perform a synch? How would one use this application?
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    I am surprised why people are not mentioning KeyCaps600....
    Lots of great freeware out there. As many come with problems. I'll echo many of the apps already recommended and maybe a few more. Sorry about not having links for all of these but most can be found on Palmgear. Let me know if there are any you cannot locate through your own search or links already provided in this thread.

- FileZ: move and manage files
    - Directory Assistant: incredibly useful app. Wish dev would stabilize and update a bit more and I'd pay for it. Probably one of the most useful and utilitarian apps available for free.
    - BrightCam: clever little app to help control keypad lighting among other things.
    - KeyCaps600: big time-saver that enhances usefulness of keypad. Takes a little experimentation to figure out which of the many settings best fit your typing needs but excellent thereafter.
    - SoundRec: basic and straightforward app. Originally conflicted with a few of my other apps but I think all is well now.
    - MovieRec: also had some conflicts with my other apps and playback is choppy but its the only free app I know of to make your Treo into a mini movie-cam.
    - PolyNote: great memo app with alarm settings. Lets you type or draw memos. Highly recommend.
    - PalmPuke: why not. Hysterical. Mine is set on the puke sound for card-eject and burp for card-insert.
    - snapcalc5: pop-up calculator that can be used while other apps are active. highly recommend.
    - TrackerDog: alerts you when there are software updates available for any/all apps on your Treo. But worried about big-brother stuff with this app.
    - Converter: convert units of measure. Very useful. http://www.mattmarsh.net/computing/palmpilot.shtml
    - FlightStatus: real-time flight updates; not the estimates the airlines feed you. Not good for historical tracking however. Two-hour window before and after flight only.
    Where can I get a working link to Jump Wire?

My list (work on the Treo 300):
    BibleReader.PRC
    BigClock.PRC
    SkyChart.PRC
    Text_Messenger.PRC
    TrainSched.PRC
    Viewer_III.PRC
    Weasel.PRC

Advn.PRC
    BJ.PRC
    Bkgammon.PRC
    Chopper.PRC
    CoconutFern.PRC
    Cribbage.PRC
    Go81.PRC
    Hearts.PRC
    Invaders.PRC
    Kalaha.PRC
    Memorix.PRC
    Minefield.PRC
    PalmSol.PRC
    Patience.PRC
    PilOth.PRC
    PilotSays.PRC
    Phoinix.PRC
    PocketChess.PRC
    Prison.PRC
    Rally_1000.PRC
    Renju.PRC
    Rick.PRC
    Salvo.PRC
    SameGame2.PRC
    Tetravex.PRC
    TetrisOTP.PRC
    TicTacToe_3D.PRC
    WordBox.PRC
    Yahdice.PRC

Crash.PRC
    DA_Launcher.PRC
    Flip_DA.PRC
    GlowHack_HACK.PRC
    KeyCapsHack.PRC
    SyncAll.PRC
    TreoHelper.PRC
    TreoKeys.PRC
    Treo_Button.PRC
    treo_keyboard_utils.PRC
    TS_Config.PRC
    TS_Phone.PRC
    X-Master.PRC
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    "I like nomoremp3trick - it allows me to sync/download files even if there is no "applicaiton" registered to handle it - e.g. mp3.

found here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utiliti...emp3trick.shtml"

jrd, I think I understand what this free app does, but could you further explain. Does this app synch these files (e.g. Mp3 files) if they are already on your sd card to your PC when you perform a synch? How would one use this application?
    This app lets you sync files from PC to SD card. It allows you to type in an extension (e.g. .mp3) and associated directory on SD Card. So now you can drop an MP3 file on the PALM Install tool on your PC and next time you sync, they will be transferred to the directory that you specified on your card. Mind well, that this is not a preferred method for transferring large files because of the slow speed. I would use a separate card reader, CardFile ($) or PFB (free) .

Originally, I thought (assumed) that nomoremp3trick will allow me to download a file using Blazer and save it to card, but that did not turn out to be the case.
    I like and use SnapDates. Its a pop-up calendar that allows date calculations. Close the program to return to the underlying program. Works great!
    All are great.
    Especially the MovieRec
    Treo+iBook is a kind of life style.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    what is "today" and where can i get it, assuming i want it
    Quote Originally Posted by gobuds
    what is "today" and where can i get it, assuming i want it
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=38922

Free app that reports/summarizes all of your daily items including to-do's, meetings etc. I've never used it myself so I can't say if its worth your time or not. Personally, I purchased "2day" (http://www.shsh.com/products/) which has more of the capabilities I was looking for in a today-type app.

If you try the Today app, write-back and let us know what you think.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I love the look of "today" and especially the mini-launcher at the bottom of the screen.
    One of my favorite apps.
    The look of TODAY is perfect for the 600 screen. Just wish it was still being developed / upgraded...this program is also one of my favorites and I would gladly pay for upgrades/additional features if they were available.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    ok, maybe i am an *****, i installed today and i keep entereing my name but the owner slot keeps saying "O"
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    bump
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast